MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been offered a set of MCS (sport pkg) springs for my Cooper as a friend of mine has installed H&Rs in his car. I'd love them, but I'm having trouble finding a reasonable figure for the installation.

The dealer that I purchased my car from and I've been doing my service with quoted me around 1 hr/spring @ 96.00/hr + tax (14.5%!!!). According to the spring donor, I shouldn't be paying much more than $200 or so.

Anyone local have any suggestions of who I could go to for the install?

Any thoughts from anyone who's had a/m springs installed??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Self install

I was thinking the same thing, maybe I should just go for a/ms. I don't doubt that I'll notice a difference between my stockers and the MCS sport stockers, but I would surely notice a biiiiig difference in a/m springs.

As for self install, I can handle a wrench, but I'm concerned about messing things up. I'd hate to get underway to realize that I can't finish the job or worse get things back the way they were before I got messing around.

Have you done suspension modifications yourself?

·
Sullivan Racing
1,117 Posts
I've done a set of H-Sports. It really isn't too bad. Just do one corner at a time, and give yourself plenty of time, and you'll do fine. You will need a spring compressor. I got one at Autozone for $30.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts