MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen my first Velvet Red car.!!!

Hmmmmm. The general concensus here seems to be that it really is just brown. I actually quite like it but be warned it is definitely not the same as the picture from the Amsterdam Show.:confused:

·
Premium Member
279 Posts
Hi M,

Can you get us a picture?

James

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'm some what scared being that mine arrives in the next few days!! Too late now though to change my mind.
As long as it is the same as the factory tour pictures and the NEC picture then I'll be happy. My dealer has assured me the NEC picture is Velvet Red, so should be fine.

Haven't you heard, brown is the new black anyway!!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I would actually but I would have a black roof rather than white. I'll try and get a picture but find a digi cam is like looking for hens teeth round here.

Still looking forward to my Pepper White, that should be interesting to see, I've ordered blind, never even seen a sample colour.:eek:

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
M said:
I think I would actually but I would have a black roof rather than white. I'll try and get a picture but find a digi cam is like looking for hens teeth round here.

Still looking forward to my Pepper White, that should be interesting to see, I've ordered blind, never even seen a sample colour.:eek:
You have seen that pepper white cooper in the dark windows thread M ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where was it M, at your dealers?
I've gone for a black roof anyway.

·
Registered
247 Posts
True, then black was the new black, then silver, then I think it's brown again, could be beige, not sure!!

At least it will be original and not common as muck!

Will show off the chrome to a treat as well.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
LMB said:

That was about ten years ago;)

I am sure cough it will look geat:eek:

Honestly:p

LMB :)
yea remember those brown long haired rugs that were all the rage.......could probably make a car cover out of them to save 40 quid on the heated water jets/mirrors.

:D :cool:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You won't have seen the Coffee advert Basil. We have one here with a hair restorer. A real seventies style thing but the guy puts Afro hair restorer on his Mk 1 Cortina, to the sound track of ( I think, Grand Master Flash "Funky Cold Medina" or similar) substitute Ford Cortina in the appropriate place. Anyway the car ends up with an afro, V funny, V seventies, lots of Brown.

I haven't seen the car in Blacked out Windows but I'm off to look.

And Varse yes its at Wollaston I don't know how close you live but it might be worth popping up/down/across.:D

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
M said:
You won't have seen the Coffee advert Basil. We have one here with a hair restorer. A real seventies style thing but the guy puts Afro hair restorer on his Mk 1 Cortina, to the sound track of ( I think, Grand Master Flash "Funky Cold Medina" or similar) substitute Ford Cortina in the appropriate place. Anyway the car ends up with an afro, V funny, V seventies, lots of Brown.

I haven't seen the car in Blacked out Windows but I'm off to look.

And Varse yes its at Wollaston I don't know how close you live but it might be worth popping up/down/across.:D
Ahh ok.......is this forum brown, or shades of grey ?.

Anyway, hunted around and came up with this in case you hadn't found it.. BruceK modified it a bit with the tinted glass.....but I reckon you made a fine choice M.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
M,
Just spoke with your dealer Paul to ask if I had a digital camera so he could send me a picture. He said he didn't and it wouldn't really be a true likeness.
However did say it was a very dark burgandy, but definitly not brown! Yesterday was very grim though, so no light whatsoever to see properly.
Sounded nice, I'd go and have a look, but rather a long way for me.
Go on son get down there with a camera for me!!
Very nice chap your dealer, very helpful, even offered to check my order for me to see where it was, but didn't have my order number to hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts