MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Took delivery of my new Cooper yesterday morning, and already have 450 miles on the clock (despite not travelling more than 60 miles in any direction!). Extremely happy with the car and somewhat surprised at how flexible the engine really is. When I test drove a pre-summer Cooper I found the car wasn't amazingly quick in a straight line. I'm guessing it must be a combination of the improved torque, shorter gear ratios, and road feel from the sports suspension plus - but the car instantly feels a lot quicker between 3500rpm to 4500rpm (without full throttle) than the last Cooper I drove.

Has anyone got good experience between the pre- and post- summer models?

Also, I ordered the factory fitted alarm, but am concerned it may not be working properly. If I leave a window open and lock the car (pressing the lock key once to ensure all alarm features are activated) and wave my arms in and out - it takes about a minute and a half for the alarm to sound.

I've also attached some photos (more in my gallery) for those eargerly awaiting Astro black minis / 16" 7-fin alloys - I know when I was waiting the more photos I looked at - the better! :blblack: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Lawrothegreat said:
Hello!
Also, I ordered the factory fitted alarm, but am concerned it may not be working properly. If I leave a window open and lock the car (pressing the lock key once to ensure all alarm features are activated) and wave my arms in and out - it takes about a minute and a half for the alarm to sound.
Fab looking car!!!

Regarding the alarm-It takes about 30 odd seconds to arm itself Properly, So would suggest setting alarm and then waiting at least 40 secs to wave at it, It should pretty much go off straight away! :)

Is that Astro Black you got?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice car there + nice piccies :cool:

Your car is very similar to my Mini except for the Astro Black (Mine is in Solid Black and is a Mini One).

I can't believe you have done 450 miles already! I have owned my car for 3 weeks and only done 500 miles. You have been busy :)

p.s. I have an Aero Spoiler on order, which is being fitted in January, which should finish my car off nicely! :D

·
Hey Mickie you're so fine
41 Posts
So not fair.....

Hey you,

Looks like one of our twins arrived early. How did you manage that?? I'm not taking delivery of mine until 7th January.

Anyway it looks stunning. Great to see what my car is going to look like although I haven't got the chrome wing mirrors.

Have fun and I'll let you have an update on mine when he eventually arrives.

Vicky

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello All,

Thanks for all your comments. It is Astro Black body and roof. Unfortunately within six hours of taking delivery, a certain flying living creature dropped some white stuff all over the bonnet, front bumper, wings and windscreen! - though I cleaned it off quickly!

16" 7-fin alloys seem to look well sized on the car especially from a distance. I was planning to add Cooper S side skirts and a Cooper S rear spoiler, but now I have the car in the flesh I really like it as a Cooper. We'll see after Christmas!

Tinkerbell, I'm based in Plymouth, although I did drive to Exeter on Saturday when I got the car!

Driving to Bristol tomorrow, and Reading at the weekend, so should have a 1,000 miles on the clock within seven days! Going to calm down after that because I don't want to do more than 12k to 15k miles a year - (well yes actually I do!). :)

Vicky, you'll be really pleased with the colour. I had some reservations about ordering it because I hadn't seen the colour but I really don't have any regrets now! :) Delivery times are really dependent on your dealer allocation - but at least you will get a 2005 registered car - which is a good thing! Let me know when the car arrives - I feel the twins have a connection!

Right off to check on it!

Lawrence

·
Registered
162 Posts
Lawrothegreat said:
Hello All,

Driving to Bristol tomorrow, and Reading at the weekend, so should have a 1,000 miles on the clock within seven days! Going to calm down after that because I don't want to do more than 12k to 15k miles a year - (well yes actually I do!). :)
Lawrence
I am going to be in Reading this weekend too as I am going home to my parents house for Christmas. I will keep my eyes peeled and will be sure to flash and wave if I see you :)

Glad you are happy with your car. I hope you shot the bird that let loose on your baby ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.