MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I given in to temptation - I want the 17"" alloys! Unfortunately my Cooper(+Pepper Pack)is due for delivery within the next 10 days!

My dealer says it's too late to change (not unreasonable I guess) but has anyone managed to do something like this?

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
I think you will find it is near impossible to change spec so close to delivery - My dealer told me I have to finalise my spec around Feb 14th, but it isn't due for delivery until March 25th.

Obviously I'm open to corrections here - anyone who knows otherwise feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong!

Ant

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - I know I've left it late. I was maybe hoping that a swap would be possible once the car was delivered at the dealer.

BTW - Assumming it arrives next week, I've *only* had to wait 4 weeks for delivery. Is this the norm now?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Most people still report delivery at 2-3 months. 1 month delivery is about the minimum with a "built to order" car like the Mini. Don't know if February delivery is a factor - its now a quiet month as people wait for the new registration.

Sounds like its too late for the 17" wheels. Be positive - it will save you a fortune!

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Even if you had to pay 50 quid for the courier, why can't the dealer get them from the factory and swap them over. Balance them and bobs your uncle. How hard can it be. ? The cars are MADE IN OXFORD for goodness sake!!!!.

Get back to your dealer....go on... DO IT !!!

:)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Red & White Cooper 2 said:

I take it you've never worked for a big engineering company Basil :)
I currently contract to a very large (for Qld - 3000+ employees, plus the same again contracting) Aluminium Curtain Wall design and fabrication company in Qld. And I know what your saying. But that is simply an excuse that every large industry makes including the one i'm involved with. Make the right noises to the right people and things get done. The Manager or Director of the BMW dealership involved should know who to talk to.

My post above stands.... just DO IT!!!.

cheers

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts