MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...just got off the phone with a local dealership tonight, and I've finally found the one I was looking for. The Sales Manager at the lot said that a Mini is in production, headed for their dealership to arrive by the last week of December. I gave him a deposit and got a great price out the door quote already, so I'm almost there!!!!! I've been test driving all of the models over the past couple of weeks, and budgeting to see what I could actually afford at this point, so here's what's coming my way:

Jet Black Cooper
Sport Package
Premium Package
Color Keyed Black Roof and Mirrors
Combo Tartan Red/Black Leather Interior
Harmon Kardon Audio System
5 Speed Manual
Anthracite Interior Trim

Definitely looking forward to the 28th of this month, and I'll be sure to get pics up as soon as I get it in and get it home...I'm very glad this forum is here...talk to you all soon

Dave.

·
2,756 Posts
Hey,

Congratulations.. that will make a nice Christmas Present for yourself.

Now the very long wait begins until you can pick-up your car...

ooooh how the waiting hurts!!

Dan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, I hear ya doona, and thanks for the welcome messages guys....I haven't even been off the phone with the guy for more than 30 minutes, and I'm already getting anxious :p But yes, best Xmas present I've gotten in a while :D

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
Welcome to MINI2!

Looks like a good spec. Make sure you try and rush (not that you have a lot of control over it) your delivery, since there's a price increase ($500 if I recall correctly) for cars that leave the vehicle prep center after jan 1st. Yours could be one of the last that make it out before the increase.

Hope your wait is short and uneventful.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Waiting on Mini

I am new to this group and expecting my Mini Cooper S the first week of January. Ive been following the slooooowwww transiition from order to build to waiting transportation, etc for several months now. Just cant wait. The car is an S with all yellow exterior and yellow dash.

:yellow:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the tip Stryder...the dealership has it marked as coming in on the 23rd...but I'll be out of town for Christmas from the 18th through the 28th, so I won't be able to take delivery until that night when I come back in town. Even if I wanted it rushed, I'm sure he could get it here by the time I leave, but I'm driving the wife's CR-V out of town, and don't want to put 1800 miles on the Mini the week that I get it (although a nice 12 hour road trip would be great in the new car!!!!)...but yes, I'll contact the dealer tomorrow and make sure he's firm and accurate as he can be on that date, and clear up any question about the price increase..thanks again

Dave.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rbcooper said:
I am new to this group and expecting my Mini Cooper S the first week of January. Ive been following the slooooowwww transiition from order to build to waiting transportation, etc for several months now. Just cant wait. The car is an S with all yellow exterior and yellow dash.

:yellow:
That's cool...I liked the Yellow, but really wanted Black more than anything else...sounds like a great car you've got ordered. Good luck

Dave.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well Shoot, it changed on me!!!!!!

Hey again....just went back to the dealership today because of a call that I got from the sales manager. Seems they had a demo model that they wanted to get rid of. He called and said since I was waiting on one to be delivered, maybe I'd like to come up to the dealership and test drive one more. I got there, and he showed me a Hyper Blue "S" model with White Bonnet Stripes and Hyper Blue and Black interior. I took the key and took it out for about a 20 minute spin. I was sold. Came back, we drew up the paperwork, he applied my original deposit for the Black Mini I was expecting, and I got the CooperS for $24,200 out the door with tax, title, tags, fees included :D (only $1000 more than I had originally planned to spend on the Black one) It had 800 miles on it from test drives and dealer use, but no big deal to me (35 of those were from me anyways)...still looks and smells brand new. I go back to take delivery on Monday the 13th!!!! I nearly ****ed myself when I found out it all went through. Here are the specs on it

Hyper Blue 2005 CooperS/White Roof and Mirror Caps/White Wheels
White Bonnet Stripes
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Embroidered Black Mats
Auto A/C
Standard CD Sound System (oh well, I can always get aftermarket)....the supercharger more than makes up for any change in the stereo system :p
6 Speed Manual

I'll have pics up as soon as she gets into my driveway on Monday, I had a smile from ear to ear the whole time I was test driving it, and for about 2 hours afterwards
Guess I'm stuck with this username now...oh well, no big deal ;)

Dave.

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
Hey blackminidave! Congrats! You'll have to change your forum name now though, right?! :D

BTW...I was going to write to commend you on your taste in MINIs because your originally spec'ed black MINI was very close to mine in fact! I figured we might have similar tastes. Hahaha...

Anyway, enjoy your new "S" and watch out fer dem coppers, ya hear eeeh?!... :p

·
Back in a first gen.
1,386 Posts
Congrats on your car & welcome to MINI2 :D
And such a short waiting time.
When I had my ONE two years ago it was Cherished so I only had to wait 10 days, but when I picked up my Cooper last week it'd been a 4 month wait. I think I did everyone's head in during that time!!!!
Enjoy your car & have a great Christmas holidays. :)
Helen xxxx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts