MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

My Mini Cooper D makes this noise when the car is idle and also when the gas pedal is pressed when driving.

I've been told it's a common design fault in diesel Mini Cooper engines but was just wondering if anyone else has had this issue? If so, were you able to find a solution?

I've attached a video to demonstrate what I mean. Thanks for reading!

·
Premium Member
2008 Mini Cooper S hatchback,Automatic,Mello Yellow
1,017 Posts
The only rattling around I find. And I do have a stiff suspension. Is in the upper glove box, and in the cup holder. It happens when I have a lot of change or something in the glove box. There are rubber type mattes and liners for stuff like that. The important thing for me to keep in mind. For Example: I just recently replaced a heater core temp sensor that required me to open up parts of the center console and dash. And what I found was a screw I forgot to turn all the way in from that last time I was in the dash.
That's what I keep in mind. As someone that has owned a mini cooper sense new. The dash did not rattle when I bought it, It only did it when I got into it. And tighter suspension really does not make it rattle, It might make it creek. or at least mine does it that way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only rattling around I find. And I do have a stiff suspension. Is in the upper glove box, and in the cup holder. It happens when I have a lot of change or something in the glove box. There are rubber type mattes and liners for stuff like that. The important thing for me to keep in mind. For Example: I just recently replaced a heater core temp sensor that required me to open up parts of the center console and dash. And what I found was a screw I forgot to turn all the way in from that last time I was in the dash.
That's what I keep in mind. As someone that has owned a mini cooper sense new. The dash did not rattle when I bought it, It only did it when I got into it. And tighter suspension really does not make it rattle, It might make it creek. or at least mine does it that way.
will you please stop commenting irrelevant shite on all these posts, people are looking for advice and help not some clown who doesn't have a clue spouting drivel.
give it a rest weirdo

1 - 3 of 3 Posts