MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Grippy
28 Posts
Love that clip, just disappointing at how the BBC/Top Gear quite obvioulsy have been "persuaded" to give the verdict that the works kit comes out on top. Not really the free journalism that it should be.

Any other regular subscribes to the Top Gear magazine here notice how the verdicts in group tests often change slightly when the same test is on the TV show?

·
MINI SPONSOR
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just disappointing at how the BBC/Top Gear quite obvioulsy have been "persuaded" to give the verdict that the works kit comes out on top

Right on point "SEB". He loved the BBR 275 bhp but was as you said "persuaded"

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
And to think they have now dropped the MINI into the "uncool" section of the "cool wall". :rolleyes: ;) :p :D

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
i got another vid aswell of the works review from top gear/5th gear. i noticed summat in autocar this week on the jcw kit, on the long term test, they have put the insruance group as 19?????? wen i kno std they are 16!! why?1?!? as its only a mod?

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
usaminicooper said:
just disappointing at how the BBC/Top Gear quite obvioulsy have been "persuaded" to give the verdict that the works kit comes out on top

Right on point "SEB". He loved the BBR 275 bhp but was as you said "persuaded"
But.............the BBR 275 costs around £ 15,000.00..............;)

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
RobHardyUK said:
i got another vid aswell of the works review from top gear/5th gear. i noticed summat in autocar this week on the jcw kit, on the long term test, they have put the insruance group as 19?????? wen i kno std they are 16!! why?1?!? as its only a mod?
Group 19 is correct for the JCW..........mod or not, it does bump up the rating........;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
16 Participants
beej
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing