MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I received a new video input module for the factory nav screen. This does not require a TV tuner and will give stereo sound. It plugs into both the nav module & stereo & has a small hideaway activation button. I will be out of the country until Wednesday so will report further when I have had a play.
Also I will be lauching a Digital TV (freeview) module for both the factory nav & aftermarket screens

·
Registered
63 Posts
What aerials are you using to pick up freeview?
Ive tried to get a signal in the car about a year ago but it kept on breaking up with a normal house aerial.
Already got a screen and a 12v freewiew box so interested in the aerials!!!!!! ;)

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
mikeythemini said:
This morning I received a new video input module for the factory nav screen. This does not require a TV tuner and will give stereo sound. It plugs into both the nav module & stereo & has a small hideaway activation button. I will be out of the country until Wednesday so will report further when I have had a play.
I have a few questions for you Mikey
1)How much will the video input cost?
2)Can i install it myself?
3)Will my aux input still work?

Thanks

·
saving the world
2,896 Posts
This sounds interesting! :) Does it cost less and does it integrate as simply as the BMW Video Module does?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
mikeythemini said:
mmm, we will see but will sort a deal for free fitting for the first fit
interested Mike, if you have some details, I might be heading over your way next week with Hat;)

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry for not coming back to you - its mad busy here at the moment (hence I am in at 6am to reply to e mails)
I will post pics prices etc later today
Mike

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is the module for av input
It is designed to plug into the navigation system. The long grey lead goes to the stereo. The cd prep cable is unplugged & plugged into this lead Then the new cd prep plug pushed into radio.
The other wires are black - connect to handbrake so picture doesn't show whilst driving ;)
The final wire goes to the switch in pic 2, this is used to switch between nav & av & can be hidden from view.
The system above is presuming you have a changer fitted. It pts the sound in through the cd changer system & switches between cd & av automatically.
If there is no changer then a changer simulator must be fitted (included)see pic 2, this is wired behind the stereo
It will accept both PAL & NTSC inputs

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mike,

Is this the Dietz 1265 Video interface module? Will it work where we have all installed iPods using the CD cable connector at the HU end?

As to the DBS-T tuner, what about antennas as you had problems with the BMW TV tuner? Do you have a solution for that as well?

Sorry to ask so many questions but as you can see, I do not think I am alone in being VERY interested in this.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Babba - not sure what make it is as it has come from a UK supplier & they have cut part of the lable away.
As far as I can work out it will work with an ipod, as the stereo thinks the ipod is a changer, will test when I can
On the tuner I am waiting for these to arrive, they tell me these aerials are designed for digital, they are diversiy & amplified, they have good results in their demo.

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
AV input £330 (+ vat in europe £387.57) Although as a launch offer for december I am doing a £20 discount
Digital TV tuner - £360 + vat (£423) Again £20 launch offer off this

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. From the pictures it does look like the Dietz. That's not a problem as they make some really good stuff. Never heard a bad word about them on the 'Net.

It is Xmas, and Southport is not that far from Bolton. So I will have to be very good and make sure I am on the right list for Santa. :D

What about fitting? That long grey cable looks as if it might be hard to route all the way to the HU.

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Id be interested, as soon as someone gets it done and can tell me the picture quality ect... :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts