MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
Holy Moly, I'll take one of those! A blowoff valve coming from a Cooper S is a lovely thing! Great video! Can't wait to see this thing hit the streets!

Anyone know how much the kit will be going for and when it will be released? Last I heard, they have some time to go yet before they release it. Checking and double checking to make sure this is a fun toy to put on and not something you go down the street with and it blows up!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Psi Twincharged. What changes to suspension

Anyone know how much the kit will be going for and when it will be released? Last I heard, they have some time to go yet before they release it. Checking and double checking to make sure this is a fun toy to put on and not something you go down the street with and it blows up!
There will be a limited kits avaible in thr near future. If you are interested I can put you intouch wih them.These kits will only be sold at the start, to owners that fully handle and not abuse this enoumous power and is able to give the best of feedback.
Limited production gives the owner very perrsonal service from Psi.Kit at present time the price is more will more than the JCW kit.

Thay have been tested fully and are bullet proof.If. when I buy one I will have a controller to adjust how much boost I will want at any point in time. Like having Ntrius without the tank ;)

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
there are actually two twincharged kits out there!! both similar and using a Garret ball-bearing turbo, but otherwise configured with different components.

the Car in the video is by SPI, in new Jersey, and has been tested for at least 6 months. He is about to show it at Sema this Novenber and it is ready for sale.

The other kit is being develoed independently Philadelphia by PSI and Helix and is reported to be on two cars bery shortly...it may be on one already.

despite their acronyms being so similar (anagrams, actually), the companies are not affiliated.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Checking and double checking to make sure this is a fun toy to put on and not something you go down the street with and it blows up![/QUOTE]
As Jlm said "the Car in the video is by SPI, in new Jersey, and has been tested for at least 6 months" Just so how bullet proof this car is they are driving it to the SEMA show 2500 miles. :)
Helix has been telling me it is on the way but not a hint of any completed kit has ever been mentioned. I think they were trying to cast the header tp reduce costs but that could be one of the many problems that they will have to overcome to get the linear power that SPI has finally produced. This year will be one great year for the Mini S Power

·
Registered
532 Posts
would have been easier if we could download it.. i promise not to spread it.. :rolleyes:

this kit is illegal over here for some reason... cops have nothing else to do.. you are either born rich or not.
wish i had the cash to buy a Zonda ;)

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
quick tip for window users.. right click on the link then select "save as" this will download the vid.. on your pc :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
That thing is crazy, i'm really wondering if that will be reliable. The acceleration has to beet pretty much whatever is out there. And can our driveshaft and clutch even handle that much power, plus they have it at 20psi, that seems a littel high! well im waiting to hear more about it.

I might go to the sema show since i live in colorado, anyone ever been there?
:red:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.