MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll shortly be picking up a new Mini One in Pepper White. This will be my 2nd Mini, having previously owned a 2004 MCS a few years ago.

When I collect the car I would like to get the roof painted black, but I've noticed a few threads on here saying that you can get the roof vinyl wrapped for about £100.

Does anyone have any experience of this ? How good is the finish ? How durable is it ?

Can someone recommend a place in the central belt of Scotland who does vinyl wrapping.......?

Thanks in advance ;)

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
thanks Mark.

we would do it for about £150. It has to be cast vinyl and a quality cast.

Also you couldn't pick a worse color than black as the vinyl will show up any mark - so its a very carefull job in the fitting.

Best bet is to ring round a few local sign companies but don't jump at the cheapest quote cos you get what you pay for !!!

Make sure they have some decent rep and can show you their work at hand and not just photos.

Phil ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bumping an old thread. I am having this done next week. I have a dark blue mini with black roof(which BAKES inside when the outdoor temp exceeds 70 degrees F) and am having the roof, spoiler, and mirror caps done in satin white pearl professionally for $300. Hioping it will look like the stock white roof/mirror caps option. will post some pix of the final result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts