MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is this a cai for a reg. cooper? sounds good! Can you notice any gains low or top end?

I forgot to ask, where did you pick up those seats? They look GOOD :D

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
yeh thats for a reg. cooper:)

take that ram pipe of and it'll sound proper;) :D :D

trust me u'll like it a LOT MORE;) :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You notice the power anywhere over 3500 rpm, and its just brilliant, feels really smooth. And between 3000-4000 rpm you put your foot to the floor and the thing just barks at you! Really loud! :D

Oh and those seats are JCW seats, got them as part of a group buy couple of weeks ago. Dunno if you can get those seat in the states, but they are basically Sparco Milanos, but covered in leather and JCW branded. But they are very nice! :D Well worth the money!

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
MINIDoo69 said:
hey, i'm marios brother, we considered leaving the pipe off... but what would the performance gains be, would they be as strong as with the pipe?
cheers

MINIDoo69
i think u mite loose a couple of bhp..........but the noise more than makes up for it;)

jus whip it off an give it a try!! (bet u leave it off!!:D :p)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have just installed the BMC CDA on my 05 MC! Bit of a tight squeeze but its in.

Sounds a lot louder than the Viper and gives more performance. Mine takes cold air from the underneath the car, thought aluminium piping.

Keeping the pipe on or removing mine does not alter the sound - it's just crazy loud. Very similar to a TVR sound!!

Power is very impressive to. Claims of 8-10bhp have been made according to BMC racing developements.

Plus it was only £155.

Is it easy to post sound?? cos if it is I can try and post some!

Dont know why not many people dont have them!! :cool: :black:

·
Registered
65 Posts
What makes your viper so loud?? :confused:

I have heard the viper at the side of mine - no contest (even with the CAI pipe off)! :D

The CDA is twice the size of the viper so the resonance from it is awsome. :p

Will try and sort some sounds out as soon as I can! :cool:

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
lmassauk said:
What makes your viper so loud?? :confused:

I have heard the viper at the side of mine - no contest (even with the CAI pipe off)! :D

The CDA is twice the size of the viper so the resonance from it is awsome. :p

Will try and sort some sounds out as soon as I can! :cool:
no idea why:confused:

mines jus a loud one :confused: :p

my mates got one an mines quite a bit louder than his:confused:

I aint complainin tho:D

yeh sort sum sounds out!!!:cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi grats on the new intake!

Im looking forward to buying that intake too but Im not sure about a few things, such as:

The sound, I know its loud, which is great, but is it still loud when your on the highway at 90mph?

Fittings, does it fit perfectly? Doesnt hit bonnet or anything else while driving? Ive read reports of these happenings but with diferent intakes.

Thanks for any info :D

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
cooper.PT said:
Hi grats on the new intake!

Im looking forward to buying that intake too but Im not sure about a few things, such as:

The sound, I know its loud, which is great, but is it still loud when your on the highway at 90mph?

Fittings, does it fit perfectly? Doesnt hit bonnet or anything else while driving? Ive read reports of these happenings but with diferent intakes.

Thanks for any info :D
it's only loud when u have yer foot down so no it's quiet at 90:)

it will rub a tad if u don't tweak the bracket a bit basically u install it then bend it slightly jus so it don't catch;)

ne thin else u need help with??

·
Registered
190 Posts
RedUn said:
it's only loud when u have yer foot down so no it's quiet at 90:)

it will rub a tad if u don't tweak the bracket a bit basically u install it then bend it slightly jus so it don't catch;)

ne thin else u need help with??

That was realy helpful! Thanks :cool:

I guess Ive made my choice, now I just need the €€€

By the way, did you buy GoMini magasine? They advertised/recomended a new K&N CAI, I think its called Apollo, but it seems to be a universal type of intake. You wouldnt have any info on this one would you? :D

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
cooper.PT said:
That was realy helpful! Thanks :cool:

I guess Ive made my choice, now I just need the €€€

By the way, did you buy GoMini magasine? They advertised/recomended a new K&N CAI, I think its called Apollo, but it seems to be a universal type of intake. You wouldnt have any info on this one would you? :D
nope not heard anything on them at all:confused:

I do tend to stay away from k&n ne way;)

·
Registered
190 Posts
lmassauk said:
Get yourself the BMC CDA and save money and get more HP!! ;)

I've read your post about BMC CDA and found the item very interesting. Only problem was the assembling part... I'm not very good at that kind of work but I like to do this kind of stuff myself to my car is it that hard?

I wonder why they say this at BMC:

"CARBON DYNAMIC AIRBOX

SUGGESTED UP TO 1.600 CC

WARNING: This product is made for track usage only and is not intended by the manufacturer for use on public streets or highway.

To be fitted by trained mechanical personel only"

:D :D :cool: :D :D

·
Registered
65 Posts
cooper.PT said:
I've read your post about BMC CDA and found the item very interesting. Only problem was the assembling part... I'm not very good at that kind of work but I like to do this kind of stuff myself to my car is it that hard?

I wonder why they say this at BMC:

"CARBON DYNAMIC AIRBOX

SUGGESTED UP TO 1.600 CC

WARNING: This product is made for track usage only and is not intended by the manufacturer for use on public streets or highway.

To be fitted by trained mechanical personel only"

:D :D :cool: :D :D

Assembling the filter is easy! Connect the CAI and the pipe to the throttle body and thats about it. After removing the air box that is.

It says the above comments because of the following perameters.

1. Suggested up to 1600cc, because the diameter of the piping used is the optimum from research for up to 1600cc engines. Over 1600cc comes with different dia pipes.

2. The warning about not for highway use. Is only a warning, which it re-itereates in the manual that - in some countries it may be illegal to install 3rd party induction kits that dont conform to certain requirements. This does not apply to the UK, but I beleive it applies to some places in the US (any US peeps confirm this?).

3. To be fitted by a trained person. Basically you need a little mechanical knowledge, but its really all common sense! Read the instructions and my posts and you'll be fine!

Hope this helps!! Need any more advice let me know and i'll try and help. ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
8 Participants
Minirichc
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing