MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm deciding what kind of Mini I want to buy a year or so from now. (I like to be prepared. :D ) I'm leaning towards a pepper white one, but with some balck viper stripes. However, I would also like the sunroof with white option, so the roof still looks proper. Is it possible to get the viper stripes with the white sunroof as well?

·
Registered
183 Posts
How much does it cost?

My brother was looking into getting viper strips when he buys his mini. After looking on the mini website it stated the cost of the kit was £99 before labor, after asking the dealer how much it would be for the strips including the fitting he was quoted a massive £400! is this the normal rate people pay!

·
Registered
145 Posts
no! I paid £240 all in. approx 2 hours work

£300 on labour wow I would ring round other dealers. surley must be a standard price may be ring bmw customer services.

·
Registered
183 Posts
bigshunt said:
no! I paid £240 all in. approx 2 hours work

£300 on labour wow I would ring round other dealers. surley must be a standard price may be ring bmw customer services.
I thought it was way to much, will call around and see what price I get quoted. Lets hope it is less then £400!

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Had hassle with mine cos the fitter made a bit of a pigs ear of them.I paid £240 aswell,but phone around cos another dealer not that far away quoted £60 less.They've been redone but i'm not 100% pleased,but i think mine is more of an isolated case cos there seems to be quite a few people like Rich who seem to have a decent job on their cars.As for the stripes i had them fitted up to the sunroof then from the back of it,i think it looks fine.Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Maxin' and Relaxin'
423 Posts
if i were u i'd skip the middle man (bmw) and go straight to the guy that does them for bmw, ussually a man in a van.

i got my vipers for £100 fitted as he even gave me trade price as i'd gone out my way to get him to do it. while there he told me that he only charges bmw £35 for fitting a roof graphic but bmw at least double that figure when chargin customers.

also if u go somewhere like that u can be as specific as u want as far as size, placement etc as they can cut them there and then for u.

G

·
ordered our cooper S yesterday, and asked about viper stripes, and they quoted us £450 fitted! Is that a record? I will definitely be looking at local vinyl sign type places. No way I'm paying that much!

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
mmmmdonuts said:
ordered our cooper S yesterday, and asked about viper stripes, and they quoted us £450 fitted! Is that a record? I will definitely be looking at local vinyl sign type places. No way I'm paying that much!
Last year I was quoted £85 fitted inc vat.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I've just paid £105 to have 'half' vipers fitted on my Cooper Convertible by Fawdingtons. They're not the BMW vipers though, they are 'Fawdington Vipers'. Much more narrow than the official ones. They look much more menacing and less fun than the official ones. My kinda vipers. I'll post pics soon as I pick it up! (tomorrow!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts