MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I put a deposit on a MINI back in July last year, including Sat-Nav and the “Visibility pack”on the option list. The dealer did not know when the Sat-Nav was to be available (but still took my deposit) but said it could be as early as November. By December, I got fed up waiting as they still had no idea on a delivery time, so dropped the Sat Nav. I decided to go for the 1st March delivery. Last week, they finally sent my order confirmation (bit late as it’s already built!) and no “Visibility pack”. On enquiring, they claimed that they only found out the week before that it would not be available for 1st March, and due to “technical problems” it is likely to be July/August and may NEVER be available. I phoned up a BMW helpline and they said it should be available in May/June. Who is telling the truth?

I did a search on our forum and came up with lots of posts about the pack or to be specific, the heated windscreen which is what I wanted, and it seems that folks and BMW have known for some time that there was a problem with the screen. I said to the dealer I wanted them to retro fit the pack if and when it does become available, unless it’s out of the question for technical reasons, as they should have told me about the problems earlier. They have refused and I am FURIOUS. They have said I can cancel my order and get the first one with the pack, but I am so near to delivery now, I can’t bring myself to delay it for up to 4 months. I suspect, though I can’t prove, that they have deliberately withheld that information fearing I might delay and eventually cancel the order. Either that, or their internal communications are non existent. What should I do? Has anyone had the same experience? Has anybody got any more info as to whether it is a technical problem or as some have speculated, a Ford legal issue? I would be interested to know when those members who know it's going to be late found this out.I really think they have led me a dance.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It's not a Ford legal issue, and I have been told yesterday that the heated screen will only be as part of the pack, and will be available in on June build cars forward.

My dealer said they expect this will not be retrofit option

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I was going to have the visiblity pack too :) Then when my dealer said the car was being built in March & the visibilty wont be available until early summer, Ive waited for the car long enough, I dont wont to wait any longer :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :eek:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Same here. I was originally told the visibility pack would be available in my March build car, but got a phone call a few weeks ago saying due to technical problems it wouldn't be available til June at the earliest. Particularly wanted the heated screen (not fussed about the auto dipping rear view mirror or rain sensor - I'm not that lazy!), and not keen on having aircon (in Yorkshire? Sun only ever comes out once a year!) to do the demisting job as I've found if you use it once you always have to have it on. Wasn't happy about it, but wasn't prepared to wait indefinitely.

·
Leeroy Brown
337 Posts
Vis Pack

I went to my dealer today to finalise everything for delivery next week. I ordered my car in July last year! Because the Xenons and Vis pack weren't available i decided to wait until they were. Come January the Xenons were due for March builds but the vis pack was still not ready! So i thought f**k it, and ordered the car without the vis pack. Today I went and signed finance documents etc and was told my car was ready. Wicked. The dealer then told me that he got an E mail earlier today telling him the vision pack was now ready to sell! All i had to do was wait another week!!!!!!

Still i've got a wicked spec already, so no big deal!

Lee:mad: :mad::D :D :D

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Sports seats were the same cost as the visibility pack & thinking about it,Id rather have the seats :cool: :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts