MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you are able to visit the factory. I would love to look round, I would even be happy to pay!!

A bit late for me but I thought I read somewhere that Mini might introduce 'collect from the factory' as an option, or did I just dream this :confused:

David

Reactions: biganto

·
puckstopper
4,260 Posts
Straight from the horse's mouth (via the "Finances and Ordering" section of the FAQ on MINIUSA.com):

WILL THERE BE EUROPEAN DELIVERY OF THE COOPER OR COOPER S? We're working on it, but don't hold your breath. We know you want European delivery, so we're trying to make it happen. We don't, however, foresee this happening any time in 2002.

Bear in mind that this only applies to the more complicated matter of factory delivery for overseas buyers, not for UK buyers. No mention of the subject on MINI.co.uk (at least that I could find). I know BMW itself already has European Delivery for U.S. buyers, so one could only surmise that not immediately adding this option for MINI has more to do with the MINI factory itself rather than any major logistic/insurance hurdles needing to be overcome before implementing such a plan; BMW already know how to handle that part of the equation. Maybe the Oxford plant just isn't "visitor friendly" at this point, i.e. no personnel/facilites for accommodating tourist type purposes yet? Just a stab in the dark...

-Ricardo

·
Bring the noise
2,441 Posts
naylord,
Nice site you got there ! How do you rate the cd changer and boost ? I'm tempted to go for one myself.
I also heard about possible factory tour, there is a thread going on about this on another discussion forum (can't remember right now which one). I'd be very keen to go, the only car factory I have visited was the Benetton F1 premises a couple of years back....

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Naylord, look in the 'meetings and events' section.

Factory tours are something the 'would like to introduce' in the future...

Factory collection is likely, but also likely to be a long way off.

Sorry I cant offer anything more encouraging!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts