·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

newbie here - off to replace the cassette radio in my cooper

Anyway throught lots of searching etc etc
But wanted something to complement the mini styling

I came across the new sonys (awaiting abuse)

Check this out - it looks like it was made for the mini

Sony MP3 Cd front loader

Spec:
Motion Blade Design
M/FM RDS Tuner
Wired remote control input
CD-R/RW compatible
4 x 50W Amplifier
1 RCA pre-out (selectable rear/subwoofer)
EQ3
CD-Text
MP3 Playback
White LED display
100dB+ Signal to noise ratio
Detachable face plate
Dimmer (On/Off)
ISO Connector
Drive-S
S-MOSFET

Any thoughts on the spec

Also it has an option
for a joystick controller or a remote
I think the joystick is looks tidier (any thoughts/experiences)

MANY THANKS - NIALL

·
Registered
429 Posts
Sony car audio, in general, is more for the punk who wants a high powered and loud system. IMO, they don't make quality components for serious audio needs. I've used JVC headunits and Infinity Kappa speakers myself and am very satisfied with them. I've also heard good things from Blaupunkt headunits and MB Quart speakers. In car audio, brands associated with the younger crowd usually are designed to be fairly cheap and have lots of bass. It's probably not what you want in a MINI.

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
Ordered new car today ; NOW sounds ,I listened to all the guys here and decided after taking opinions / price ( €1140 in Ireland ) HK was not for me , I have narrowed down my headunit to Becker Monza OR Nakamichi CD 400 any opinions on pros / cons of both , also any ideas on where best place to buy , Mikey do you supply Becker / Nakamichi ? OH and can both work with mfsw ?
Gerard

·
Registered
9,742 Posts
Irlmin said:
Ordered new car today ; NOW sounds ,I listened to all the guys here and decided after taking opinions / price ( €1140 in Ireland ) HK was not for me , I have narrowed down my headunit to Becker Monza OR Nakamichi CD 400 any opinions on pros / cons of both , also any ideas on where best place to buy , Mikey do you supply Becker / Nakamichi ? OH and can both work with mfsw ?
Gerard
Like the Becker, was thinking of taking them on but got a very negative response on here
Neither work with the mfsw

·
All Shiney :)
163 Posts
im a big big sony fan, but unfortunatly not in there in car audio!

BIG pants in my opinion!

but then what do i know about the price of haddock??

:)

Andy..

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
mikeythemini said:
I know Naka have a great rep for sound but they look so much like a wafung dung £35 radio
I bet most people wouldn't notice the difference between a Naka and say a top Clarion. Especially if they keep the rest of the system stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
12 Participants
Damo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing