MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I am awaiting the arrival of my dooper which is due 1st week in March. I've gone for the old english white/black roof combo which I thought was quite rare until i'd placed my order that is! lol. I see them everywhere now! I've had the dooper through work (i'm a community nurse) on lease so not been able to have any extras on as it would have pushed the monthly cost up by loads and I couldnt justify it really.

I was inline to buy a 54 plate cab last April but that all fell through and as it stands for work mileage, the Dooper will be miles better.

Quick question....can I play my ipod through the stereo via the aux in socket? Would I need a special cable for this? Very important as i'll be spending ALOT of time in my dooper....lol.

Ta. :biggrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am sure you will enjoy the Dooper, and "Yes", you need a Y cable from MINI, it costs £40, but most people get the dealer to throw it in for free. It then shows track info on the headunit, and charges it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the Y cable only works if you have the USB socket next to the normal jack socket (I do and it works well, allowing you to 'read' the ipod or iphone from the stereo head unit. If you do not have the USB socket then I think you can use a cable with a male to male 3.5 mm jack plug at each end - they are pretty cheap (see Amazon etc.)

It's a great car btw.

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
Quick question....can I play my ipod through the stereo via the aux in socket? Would I need a special cable for this?
Yeah, the AUX socket is just above the right cup holder... you can pick up a lead for about £3, then just plug it into the headphone socket of your iPod, choose "AUX" from the radio menu, and away you go. :D

Congrats on the MINI, and welcome. My last one was Pepper White with a black roof, so a good call on the colour too I'd say! :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome loubylou. I too got the Dooper on a lease. Same situation, no extras due to sky high costs. I have had mine 8 weeks now and love it. I got an auxiliary cable from Amazon for my ipod for less than a fiver and it's absolutely fine. All the extras that you can get are lovely but you can't miss what you never had! Don't tell all the 'big wheeled mob' but the wee 15's with non runflat tyres are a comfier ride! Mines is midnight black. Happy motoring when you get it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He's here and I love him!! I've called my Dooper Bertie cos he looks like an allsort.

Bertie was delivered straight from the MINI factory in a big lorry all on his own.

I am a very happy bunny.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts