MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope someone will tell me this is normal. I live in Germany and ordered my new Diesel Cooper on 11th July. My dealer called this morning and gave the expected delivery date of 13th October with the build happening around last 2 weeks of September.
I realise the car has to be shipped here from the UK so it would take a little extra time but 3 months does seem a little excessive when people on here are getting them in the UK in around 6 weeks from order.
I just want it now :( and a further 6 or so week wait is going to send me over the edge.

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Your dealer can't place an order until they have an allocation for building the car. Here in the US dealers get their allocations about 5 weeks prior to build date. Sounds like your dealer did not have any allocations when you gave them the specifications for your MINI in July.

In 2002 the order for my MCS was placed the end of March, the car was built the last week of May (a week early) and delivered the first week of July. This was after being on a waiting list for almost a year.

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I ordered my car in the second week of May and it was here in the first week of June. Could it be pot luck?

·
It's now S power!!
563 Posts
Is it possible to find out allocations slot before placing an order?

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
ask your dealer or phone round a few to see what time they quote you - different dealers have different allocations.

The demand for the diesel is now far higher than MINI anticipated and although they have ramped up production as much as possible I know there are supply issues with getting the engines from PSA.

As I said earlier - shop around. Some dealers sell loads of diesels - some not anywhere near as many so there may be spare allocation out there if you are willing to travel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems like ages since I made this thread but it has passed quite quickly and the dealer just phoned to say my MINI has arrived with them and I can pick up on tuesday. Now I want the weekend to pass really quickly.

:D:D:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts