MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating buying some walkie talkies for the many runs im planning on doing this year :D and just wondered what the headsets are and how good they are

The one im after says headsets included - does that mean i can talk "handsfree" or will i still have to hold and press ???

I recently used Rich_IX's on the Dales Run and failed miserably - trying to change CD, avoid cow dung, walls and other motorists whilst attempting to work out how to use the swanky wanky talky proved very difficult.

So anyone with any ideas - anyone contemplating a group buy???

·
Official Pimp of Mini2
4,001 Posts
Scooby you mupet! :D
The walkie talkies I had are the PMR446 that are recommended by DK on her site.

Maplins.co.uk has them at £50 - twin pack - rechargable
A bargin since I payed £60 for mine :(
My 2 cents :D

·
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DK i have looked on your site and the links - im still unsure on which to buy - ideally i want one so i dont have to keep pressing to speak?

also for the runs which one would you advise buying - rich has got the one above Motorola from www.maplins.co.uk for £50

·
4,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally ordered my walkie talkies for cotswolds and hopefully many more runs/events - gone for the DK approved Boom Mike all in all it came to £47.20 for the two handsets incl charger and batteries + the headset for handsfree frolicking at £15.74 plus postage and packing came to total of £80ish

:)

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
scooby212 said:
finally ordered my walkie talkies for cotswolds and hopefully many more runs/events - gone for the DK approved Boom Mike all in all it came to £47.20 for the two handsets incl charger and batteries + the headset for handsfree frolicking at £15.74 plus postage and packing came to total of £80ish

:)
I am honoured! :D

The Boom Mike does take a little bit of getting used to.

Once you got them, take some time to get used to the VOX and find the correct setting.

I have to set my VOX to its highest setting as it keeps being triggered by the interior noise when I drive :rolleyes:

Don't laugh, but I have to say "boo" or something like that to kick off the VOX, and allow the calling signal to go out to the other radios, before I say what I need to say :eek:

Have fun ;)

DK ;) :apple:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
dcfkan
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing