MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to change the single CD Boost on my car which is an Oct 01 Mini One to one with a cassette. What options do I have if I want to stay with a BMW headunit and where do I find one?

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
Kamal (UK) said:
I would like to change the single CD Boost on my car which is an Oct 01 Mini One to one with a cassette. What options do I have if I want to stay with a BMW headunit and where do I find one?
your looking for a wave or boost head unit. try ebay.

aston

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
Kamal (UK) said:
What is the difference between the wave and the boost and will both work with a CD autochanger?
i do belive that the boost is the better unit. i have a wave head unit in mine with a 6 disc autochanger. aslong as you have got a cd prep lead fitted it will work.

·
SUCKIN DIESEL!!!!
7,669 Posts
Well, if you've already got a CD player, your wired for Boost, so you'd better lookout for a Boost cassette player (about as rare as hens teeth I'd say) cos the wave an boost plugs are different

·
A mini is a way of life.
2,643 Posts
ONED said:
Well, if you've already got a CD player, your wired for Boost, so you'd better lookout for a Boost cassette player (about as rare as hens teeth I'd say) cos the wave an boost plugs are different
i didnt know that. you learn something new everday ;)

·
Mr 120d Sport
4,610 Posts
ASTON said:
i didnt know that. you learn something new everday ;)
Yep they sure are......Wave uses round pins, Boost uses flat pins.

You can buy loom adapters from BMW to go Wave to Boost, not sure about the other way round.

Mikeythemini will know that for sure......try PM'ing him?

Robert

·
Registered
187 Posts
I saw a Boost casette on Ebay a few weeks ago - nobody bid on it.

If you fancy a deal, I've got a Wave casette that I could be parted from for the Boost CD.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.