Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any pics of the following combination on a Cooper or a One:

Indi Blue Body
White Roof w/ Union Jack decal
R90(?) wheels - i.e. the ones in the following post:
http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2574&pagenumber=2

I'm thinking of this look for my Cooper S & hoping to visualise it before I fill in the build sheet

Comments good/bad welcome...

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
the Superchips Cooper is Indie Blue with a UJ roof:) :) :)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!;)

Roof decal is BMW/MINI-supplied, locally fitted option here in Aus. Price likely to be about UKP140

I'm wondering whether flag will cover whole of roof (yes?) and what base colour roof needs to be (white?)

In this case I hope blue in flag works with Indi Blue of body. If not, will have to consider Chilli Red body with flag or Indi Blue without. Decisions, decisions!

Superchips car appears to have custom-decal on Indi Blue roof base colour (i.e. decal is red & white components only). Is this the case?
(Bonnet stripes look non-standard too)

Cheers...

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
There are no photos cars with the official BMW options as they are not available yet...

Probably the closest you will find is this...

The BMW one needs a white roof for it to work, IMO the UJ roof looks better on a blue MINI anyway...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awwwweee:mad: :mad: :mad:
:eek:
Boswell loves his roof - (I do like the blue as well though!)

The template used for boswell was taken from the offical BMW union jack template - if that helps

:D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Spot the difference...

Hmm, the Union Jack's on the two cars look different to me...

I believe the Superchips Cooper has the correct version...
check out:
http://www.jdawiseman.com/papers/union-jack/union-jack.html
Look at the position of the red diagonals (St.Patrick) on the white diagonals (St.Andrew)

Anybody thinking of going for a BMW roof job might want to check this out further?!

..off back to bed
AL:eek:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Custom decals

From what I understand, official MINI bonnet stripes & roof treatments are simply vinyl decals

Does anyone have any experience of getting these made to a custom design?

Anyone know any suppliers in Aus?

...I am wondering about the viability of an idea to add some white stars to the bonnet & body of an Indi Blue car with a UJ roof to make an Australian flag

Cheers!:)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks MGB,

Those roof decals look :cool:

UJ flag seems technically correct... I think??? Seems to need the white roof as a prerequisite if I'm reading it right. This would work best for me on an Indi Blue or Chilli Red car

Reckon the checkered flag would also look great on Chilli Red!
...Or on yellow (if you want to be really individual & don't care about resale values or whispers about your sexual preferences:eek: )

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Wow! That's a bit different!! :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts