MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if we will be able to swap out the S's body color grill for a chrome from a standard Cooper?

I know this issue came up with my MINI dealer at the meet and greet, hopefully it was adressed in San Fran this weekend.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also curious about if us MINI dealers will offer the grill mounted rally lights that I've seen in some pics?

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Mr T said:
Dealer says they have done this to similar parts on BMWs before, but he could be making it up.

Why did you have to say that as we're trying to get help for Monsta and his chrome fetish. ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Hmmmm........maybe I can say this quietly so monsta doesn't hear.

I'm almost certain you can get plastic chromed.........

Just have a look around you each day and see how many plastic items have a "chromed" finish.......

Is the Cooper grill definately chromed mild steel, or is it Stainless Steel ?

I quite like the idea of black chrome for the grill and headlight surrounds. Can't believe I said that with a gorgeous yellow Cooper S grill plastered all over my screen.......:rolleyes:

This is for interior parts only, and is a US site. But just goes to show that plastic can be "chromium plated"

http://www.americanplasticchrome.com/process.html

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
Basil said:
Hmmmm........maybe I can say this quietly so monsta doesn't hear.

I'm almost certain you can get plastic chromed.........

Just have a look around you each day and see how many plastic items have a "chromed" finish.......

Is the Cooper grill definately chromed mild steel, or is it Stainless Steel ?

I quite like the idea of black chrome for the grill and headlight surrounds. Can't believe I said that with a gorgeous yellow Cooper S grill plastered all over my screen.......:rolleyes:
Basil we're trying to get him come to his senses,so if you want to post anything about chrome could you do it so he cant see it

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
dinger said:
Basil the c****e grill is plastic mate.
WHAT !!! I mean what ???? .

It's PLASTIC !!!!.....good grief..... PLASTIC.. I suppose it's light....

so that means Monsta could actually c****e his whole car on that basis. Inside and out.

Now Theres a thought........:)

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM CHROME :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I brought up that same issue with my dealer (salesman). He reminded me that the body colour grill is what helps distinguish the Cooper S' from the Coopers. He also mentioned that the side sills (intakes, or whatever you call them) will look better on the 'S'. So, it's a trade off.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts