MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like all diesels, our MOD is quite slow to heat up.

We've got auto aircon, but the cooling is turned off at this time of year.

We've noticed that the heater output seems to increase sharply just as the temperature guage reaches normal. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it intended or a quirk of the design?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not had any problem with heating, but I live in Devon where it stays quite warm. I thought the electric heater was supposed to increase warm up......I did read that electric heater thing somewhere didn't I? :confused:

I also keep the automatic air con on in the winter to speed up defrost/demist, anyone worked out how many MPG that costs? :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Malin Dixon said:
Like all diesels, our MOD is quite slow to heat up.

We've got auto aircon, but the cooling is turned off at this time of year.

We've noticed that the heater output seems to increase sharply just as the temperature guage reaches normal. Has anyone else noticed this? Is it intended or a quirk of the design?

Pretty sure its intended. It's been that way with all the other cars I've owned. Probably something to do with the engine getting to its ideal running temperature first. Usually put the heater to the second position and its fine after a couple of minutes running.

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
Mine seems to take ages to warm up, especially when there is ice on the screen when I come out of work!!The most obvious answer is that it doesn't shove all the warm air through so that the engine warms up faster!
Running the air-con knocks just over 2mpg off your total, not that bad really! (in a diesel)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts