MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to warm up the engine of my 05 MCS in the morning, it will suddenly go to way down in rpm, sometimes it even die on me. My buddy's 04 MCS got the same experience, anyone experience the same? Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Harold :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
harold said:
When I try to warm up the engine of my 05 MCS in the morning, it will suddenly go to way down in rpm, sometimes it even die on me. My buddy's 04 MCS got the same experience, anyone experience the same? Any suggestion?

Thanks!
Harold :)
Mine does the same!! 05 MCS car idled horribly(did not die) i took it in for a software update to V.37 and now the car idles poor then DIES. called MINI and V.38 is supposed to fix that problem. I say it prob. won't fix it, but will take it in and give it a shot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your opinion. I talk to one of my friends, his MCS got the same problem, he took his to the dealer to re-program, or may be it's a software upgrade, then, it is better now. May be I should call the dealer and see what they say.

Thanks for your help! :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thankfully, my '05 MCS has not had this problem. It took the dealer 2 weeks to get rid of the hideous screech, but it's always idled fine. To fix the screech - changed pulley, belt, tensioner (twice) and alternator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.