MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I sound like an idiot - I'm new to minis and got my first one yesterday, '07 Cooper.

The warning light of an exclamation mark in a triangle has come on (next to the mileage) and has been on all day. The manual says that it means that the car will start if the on/off button is pressed and that the clutch may not need to be in. I don't understand what it means? Is there a problem? And if not, how do I turn it off?!

Sorry if I'm being a bit dim!

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
It's your traction control light... I know there was a problem with this on the first gen cars, where it came on with the ignition, and wouldn't turn off. This is the first time I can recall hearing about it on a second gen car...

Probably going to require a trip to the dealer I'm afraid.

Edit: Scroll down... better, more likely explanation offered. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Sounds like a trip back to the dealer is in order. I hoped it might be some button I'd pushed by mistake! x

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
No worries! I might be wrong, but the ABS control unit does seem like the most obvious explanation... get it booked in ASAP, and take it easy in the meantime.

Good advice would probably suggest against driving the car unless absolutely necessary until the problem is rectified. :)

·
Registered
368 Posts
you sure you dont mean the little warning light that comes up if you have a non serious warning like low petrol low washer fluid etc, i think thats what he means? its right between the trip and the milage i think

·
Super Moderator
4,644 Posts
you sure you dont mean the little warning light that comes up if you have a non serious warning like low petrol low washer fluid etc, i think thats what he means? its right between the trip and the milage i think
That's a very good point... :eek:

calanda, try filling up your washer fluid... if it goes off, I'm really sorry! I totally read over the fact that the light is next to your mileage, in which case, what Murker1991 is suggesting makes more sense.

·
Registered
136 Posts
its an extremely generic "somethings wrong" warning. Could be washer fluid, a light out, not fastening the seat belt, etc. Most serious things will trigger additional lights, although I did learn when i had a coolant leak that little warning lights up for low fluid long before any sort of overheat condition is triggered.

mini/bmw doesn't trust us with actual information, just "take it to a dealer".

·
Registered
1 Posts
mini roof problem

2013 mini cooper convertible wont always open sometimes shows warning triangle boot is clsed properly and empty shelf is down on sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
[feedback , I agree with Murker1991]
I just had the same symbol pop up today with my mini 2016 when my Fuel reserve warning came on. When I fuelef up it disappeared. It must have been an upgrade when I last serviced my car because this symbol didn't come up before. FYI

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with Murker1991]
I just had the same symbol pop up today with my mini 2016 when my Fuel reserve warning came on. When I fuelef up it disappeared. It must have been an upgrade when I last serviced my car because this symbol didn't come up before. FYI

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
TMaderis
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing