MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys

Collected my Mini One today - they havent given me a manual/booklet so I dont no what any of the buttons do in the car.....HELP!

The dealers are aware there is a warning light on the screen but I didnt wanna leave it there another week - as I have no car (someone went into the back of the one i was gonna part exchange it with last week) so collected it today and will go back next week to have the warning light taken off (and the other few bits need sorting) BUT....What is the warning light? whats it stand for? its on the centre one not the rev counter and its the 3rd light from the bottom on the left - its like a circle with 2 slanted lines over it?....as I have no manual/booklet I cant tell what it is....

ALSO the key dont work - the remote central locking - the central locking works but not when you click the button on the key....I imagine the key battery is dead?

Look forward to your replies....

P.S and if anyone could tell me what the little black button next to the handbrake does with the (!) on it and the silver round button next to/ behind the gear stick I would be grateful

Thanks!

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
if anyone could tell me what the little black button next to the handbrake does with the (!) on it and the silver round button next to/ behind the gear stick I would be grateful
The one with the (!) on it is for resetting the Tire Pressure Monitoring System and the other one is for adjusting the side view mirrors.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its all really annoying, im in agreement that - because it needs a new backseatbelt - wierd its only 3 years old I will go back when they have the part in and in that time I can tell them if I have anymore probs they can fix them for me.....already I have a list!

I brought it from a trader - not a official MINI one though, I need to get hold of a handbook somehow - anyone know where?

AND they say its been serviced but it hasnt been stamped in the service book (I mean for recently - its got full mini service history otherwise) - although the brake fuild bit in the service book has been stamped.....??? :(

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
2004 on a 54

Actually - you could be right as new brake pads were fitted all round and its been stamped on the service manual for the brake fuild thing!

The warning light is the yellow one which looks abit like = ( O )

·
Cleaning Whore
356 Posts
2004 on a 54

Actually - you could be right as new brake pads were fitted all round and its been stamped on the service manual for the brake fuild thing!

The warning light is the yellow one which looks abit like = ( O )
if it looks like that its the brake pad warning ligt, telling you your pads are low.......

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
IF they have replaced them, they also need to replace the sensors, they're not a serviceable part. (Correct me if I'm wrong here someone).

As for the manual, a MINI dealer can get that, or if there's a breakers yard nearby you may get (very) lucky.

Make sure you get all the service stamps you need, a lack of FSH on a newer car like that can be a big issue, especially if you later want to sell/part exchange with a MINI dealer, as they can only sell MINIs on their cherished scheme with a full service history.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Ive had a good look at the service history - all good but it doesnt seem to have been stamped for the one it was suppose to have last week...there is no trace of it....apart from the bit on the brake fuild page on the book - which isnt a service really is it? or is it?

I tried ebay for a handbook but there isnt many on there and not sure of the year...how much will the mini dealers charge me for getting one?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts