MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First time post here - so please bear with me! :eek:)

I have a 2005 Mini Cooper S that is about to run out of Warranty.

Before this happens, is there anything that I should have checked/replaced that are common faults that I may have missed?

The only major mods over the standard spec (that 'could' cause fault?) would be the sunroof and the JCW aero kit.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

·
Registered
754 Posts
You should stick it in for a Mini Health Check before the warranty expires, this should pick up on problems and get those that are covered by warranty fixed.

·
XR3i / JCW MCS
543 Posts
bare in mind that dealer fitted options are not covered by any MINI warranty, well according to latest fiasco I've had

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies everyone - looks like the Health Check is the way forward.

Any idea of the cost of one of these?

Cheers

·
Registered
192 Posts
i personally would check the power stearing fluild level if it has dropped alot, hane a look at the cv boots & give them a squeeze. my stearing rack went all the fluid was in the boots. I luckily noticed it 2 months before the end of the warranty & they fixed it & i think it was very expensive

·
Registered
1 Posts
When is 3 year warranty not 3 year warranty ? - when it is MINi warranty

TERRIBLE NEW CAR CUSTOMER SERVICE - RECOMMEND YOU DO NOT BUY YOUR MINI HERE : Bought a new NEW MINI Cooper S at full MSRP $39 K in FEB 09 from Miami Bramen Mini. Called in today for the third and final service (10,200 milage) which is included in the price of the car and was told the 3 year Service Warranty period expired 4 days ago on FEB 2nd and so if I wanted the third year service done I would have to pay for it. I took delivery of the new car on Feb 16th 09 - less than 3 years ago ! The service agent just laughed and said to call MINI USA. Called them and they don't care either. It looks like they included my order for a new car in their previous years sales figures and scammed me out of the full 3 year warranty by registering the car early. Shame on Bramen and shame on MINI for appointing such bad dealers. This is my 4th and now last BMW Mini Cooper S ! No email or any other warning either that the warranty was going to expire prior to the 3rd year delivery anniversary and that the final service would not be provided. How can Mini customer guess that the dealer has registered their car's warranty weeks before delivery ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts