MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Firstly, I hope this text finds you all well! My little Dooper (63 registration 1.6 D) that I bought from a dealer has its approved used 1year warranty expiring in 2 weeks, and to extend the warranty (with a £250 excess), MINI UK asks for about £210. Car's at around 47,000 miles at the moment. Do you think it's worth the money? Or is it relatively safe and I should better save this money instead?

Truth is that the approved warranty it came with has already paid off, as the gearbox was faulty (older post) and it was replaced under warranty. So I was trying to see what is the probability something rather expensive fails within the next year or so in case it's worth the £210 for the extension. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
MD

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is it worth it? Depends entirely on your personality. Overall it won't be worth it as some of the £210 is profit of course. I have an extended warranty so I don't have to worry I will be struck by a big bill sometime in the year where as I know I can afford the warranty. I also have insurance on my house and contents but don't take out extended cover on anything else as all the premiums saved will easily pay for a new TV/fridge/oven etc. Cars however are far more complex and expensive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts