MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel a bit stupid for asking this, but I'm hoping someone out there can simply put me straight. My car is a UK Dec 02 Cooper S. When does my warranty run out? Is it time based (e.g. three years) or is it milage based, or is it some combination of the two?

Please only answer if you KNOW the answer, I'd really not like to have 4 different answers here. It would just confuse me more.

Again, bought new Dec 02
Bought in the UK

Cheers
Tony

·
The de Chromed MINI
3,218 Posts
three years, unlimited mileage,
im quite sure (90%) that its from date of registration

hope this helps

Rob

·
Registered
668 Posts
It's covered in the "Dealer Warranty and Emergency Service Handbook" which came in the silver/grey pack of manuals supplied with the car.

3 years, unlimited mileage - the first 2 years are manufacturer's warranty, the 3rd year is down to the dealer.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys.... its coming up to 2 years and has done 48500 miles.... so just starting to get worried.

Will sleep better at night now.
Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Varies by country too. Here it is 4 years or 50000 miles, whatever you hit first, looking like the mileage for me unfortunately, though 10000 miles per year isn't much really unless you store it most of the time.

Harry

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, just bit the bullet and spoke to the dealer.

In the UK, if the car was made AFTER Nov 2001, its an unlimited milage 3 year Manufacturers warranty.

So milage is irrelevant!!!

Thats in the UK.

Also, you can now extend this warranty, cost is £375 per year for a Cooper S Works.

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
I feel a bit stupid for asking this, but I'm hoping someone out there can simply put me straight. My car is a UK Dec 02 Cooper S. When does my warranty run out? Is it time based (e.g. three years) or is it milage based, or is it some combination of the two?

Please only answer if you KNOW the answer, I'd really not like to have 4 different answers here. It would just confuse me more.

Again, bought new Dec 02
Bought in the UK

Cheers
Tony
Runs out Dec 05 - milage irrelevant.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rakey said:
ahh, maybe its TLC that we are getting confused with, 3 years 50,000 miles:)

yeah, got it in one i rekon....

i also think earlier cars had different warranty levels.

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RVW said:
:red: :red: :)

Did they say WHAT IS and WHAT IS NOT covered?

we didn't go into it mate.... but I would assume its an extension of the current warranty conditions (we aren;t dealing with some back street merchants here after all....)

They did say white wheels wouldn't be covered... :rolleyes:

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Tony*t3 said:
we didn't go into it mate.... but I would assume its an extension of the current warranty conditions (we aren;t dealing with some back street merchants here after all....)

They did say white wheels wouldn't be covered... :rolleyes:
If its anything like VW's extended warranty, there are many grey areas. When you have a warranty claim you have to sign a declaration first to say that if they don't think it's covered that you'll pay. It wasn't clear cut as to what was/wasn't covered.

·
003 On a Mission
4,239 Posts
LMB said:
If its anything like VW's extended warranty, there are many grey areas. When you have a warranty claim you have to sign a declaration first to say that if they don't think it's covered that you'll pay. It wasn't clear cut as to what was/wasn't covered.
:red: :red: :)

Ahh I see it all now>>> You pay us £375.00 and when it breaks down you have to agree to pay ,then we can decide if it is under warranty or not. Good plan that:p :D
Heads I win Tails you lose:rolleyes:

·
Registered
668 Posts
Rakey said:
ahh, maybe its TLC that we are getting confused with, 3 years 50,000 miles
TLC is 3 services plus a brake fluid change. Time and mileage are irrelevant, but they reckon that on average you won't have to pay for any servicing before 5 years/50000 miles.

Tony*t3 said:
i also think earlier cars had different warranty levels.
The unlimited mileage 2 year manufacturer plus 1 year dealer warranty applies to my August '02 build car. In all honesty I don't think there is much difference from the owner's point of view.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.