MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this in the news section on 4car:

MINIs registered from 1st November will come with three years\' unlimited mileage warranty, upgraded from the previous three years, 60,000 mile cover. The paint warranty has been extended from 12 to 24 months, and the entire package also includes six years\' corrosion cover and three years Europe-wide roadside assistance. This is in line with the warranty extension now standard elsewhere in the BMW range. BMW is continuing to offer MINI tlc, a £100 five year/50,000 mile service package that covers all scheduled servicing costs, including parts and labour.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Now extended to cars registered prior to 1st November 2001

Just received a letter from Mini Customer Services informing me of the change (unsolicited).

"As you may be aware, on 1st November last year MINI's standard new car warranty cover was enhanced from 3 years / 60,000 miles to 3 years with no mileage restriction.

As you purchased your new car prior to this date (10th October), you have, as things currently stand, missed out on this extra MINI bonus through a quirk of timing.

I'm delighted to be able to confirm we are now enhancing your own MINI's warranty cover in line with our new standard level of cover.

Should you and your MINI now decide to circumnavigate the globe several times over the balance of the 3 year warranty term, rest assured it will be with the benefit of full unlimited mileage warranty cover!

Yours sincerely

Trvor Houghton-Berry
General Manager, MINI UK"

Well, that seems like a vote of faith in the early beta test cars to me. :D

·
Addicted to Speed!!
4,865 Posts
Re: Now extended to cars registered prior to 1st November 2001

Crashandburn said:
Well, that seems like a vote of faith in the early beta test cars to me. :D
That's because they are slowly taking them all back. ;)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Re: Now extended to cars registered prior to 1st November 2001

Crashandburn said:
Should you and your MINI now decide to circumnavigate the globe several times over the balance of the 3 year warranty term, rest assured it will be with the benefit of full unlimited mileage warranty cover!
Nice to see BMW/Mini have a sense of humour :p

·
Registered
906 Posts
Even funnier.

I got the same letter and my car was a November 1st reg. Does it mean my car is already recycled????

·
Registered
546 Posts
Clever Trevor?

Now we know who to tackle if the dealer or Customer Services fail to impress.

I wonder if you can get hold of Trev's email address by just calling his secretary?

;) ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts