MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
i had the warranty direct on my cooper, the biggest regret was not taking the BMW warranty

·
Mini Torque
2,033 Posts
is that not the same as the dealer repair warranty from warranty direct?
no the mini dealer will do it there and then, and thats that, and you wont have to fork out for inspection charges if its a claim

when with WD, you have to phone them fill in and send of a claim form and wait for them to agree the work, (takes longer if you use a mini dealer and not their repair network) and unlike the dealer one you have to pay the dealers inspection rate then wait to claim it back

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
there is a thread about this, have a search and you will find it;)

all I will say is don't take their first price, they will come down if you bargain with them and I've only heard good things about them:)

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I would agree ring them to get the quote down. Also if you get them to hold the price for the next year make sure your renewal is correct. Because they had changed the level of cover, the price, and the period of cover in my automatic renewal.

They put it all right as soon as I rang but it makes you wonder how many people do not notice.

Subsequently added - check that you are happy with the exclusions list - I have the top level of cover (luxury) you can get from Warranty Direct and after having my first claim refused I have read the small print in more detail and feel that the list of not insured items could provide a get out clause on a number of significant things. Although, the claims person was very pleasant, while discussing some of the clauses with him I was concerned at some of the responses I was given.

I will not be renewing my policy.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would agree ring them to get the quote down. Also if you get them to hold the price for the next year make sure your renewal is correct. Because they had changed the level of cover, the price, and the period of cover in my automatic renewal.

They put it all right as soon as I rang but it makes you wonder how many people do not notice.
Are we talking about warranty direct or mini warranty here?

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've used warranty direct in the past and they've been great. Just get the garage to ring them before they start work and the problem will be sorted.

The only thing they don't cover is the initial inspection charge by the garage so if it's a major problem it could still cost you a lot in labour inspection charges.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I think looking in their terms they cover only certain parts of the clutch assembly

I have just taken out a policy with WD and I got em down to 225 for a year and 10 months 0%!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think looking in their terms they cover only certain parts of the clutch assembly

I have just taken out a policy with WD and I got em down to 225 for a year and 10 months 0%!
Well Ive got the warranty now and noticed something similar about the clutch. If it does i hope its not costly! :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts