MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

A bunch of the People in the UK are having a fun time noticing other peoples mini's, and just checking to see if they're on the forums. (http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67629) So... I just figured I'd try it here.

It's been a couple days, but I saw a Y / W MCS with bonnet strips leaving Sobey's near Weber and Bridgeport in Wloo. Saturday (30/10/04)

and a CR / B MC on the 86 Friday

Out here anywhere?

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
It wasn't me as I'm out West, but I saw an IB/W MCS w/ R84's yesterday at the west end indoor soccer centre that looked awfully good.
I don't see a lot of MINI's in these parts, nearest dealer is in Calgary, although the Edmonton dealership is under construction.
As it is stiil such a rare sighting, seeing a fellow MINI driver on the streets hasn't lost its luster.
And as my CR/W MC is not yet my daily driver, my occasional weekend outing is not making much of a contribution to the scene.
The MINI I see the most (other than the one in my garage) is an EB/W MCS with R85's that is parked at the Castledowns YMCA where I go to work out 3 times a week. Looks sharp! :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw a guy who drive :blblack: mini cooper in Ottawa Downtown in Sunday :D he did say hello to me..I was not the driver, my GF drove the mini S :D

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I work in Waterloo so you'll see my IB/W MC buzzing around the north end of the city and on the back roads. I had 5-star wheels on this morning with summer tires but my X-lites with winter tires are going on today.

I always wave at MINIs unless I'm looking too intently at my tach ;)

Harry

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seen today at around 12:30 in the university plaza in front of the Jamican Place.

IB MCS with maybe the Chrono kit or nav (I dind't look in, but I saw the 2 dials on the steering Column)

Anyone?

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
spotted nov 13 at around 5:30 on bay street near bloor... a hb MCSC with a blue top.. with monsterous 18s! very nice

·
No more MINI
126 Posts
Today (Wed, Nov 17th)

I saw an electric Blue MCS, white roof, white mirrors and winter tires parked next to Concordia University.

WAS IT YOU ??

:D :D :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Black / White MCS on wellington in MTL Saturday Afternoon. I was up there for the weekend. I wasn't in my mini.. but I saw it and felt the need to wave.. then felt like an idiot for being the weirdo waving to random people in MTL <Grin>

Also a CR/B I'm not sure if it was a MC or MCS in Waterloo on Columbia around 8am this morn.

Anyone?

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
PS/B MCS spotted on Wayne Gretzky Drive North yesterday around 11:45 AM.
What really caught my eye was the winter wheels - the genuine MINI hubcaps!
Actually looked pretty good on the car. (unlike what I thought of them in the showroom)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was on Wayne Gretzky Drive North on Nov. 14. (Not the 18th)

Hi MINNOW. I was visiting Edmonton last weekend and my dad has borrowed my car for this week, so it may have been him. (I'm back in Calgary, he lives in Edmonton). By winter wheels, you mean the stock "phone dial" wheels? That may have been my car.

Keep Motoring!

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Mini Steve : No, the car definitely had the plastic MINI wheel covers available from the dealer separately or as part of the winter tire & wheel set they offer for $999 installed.
"Phone dial" wheels - I love that description!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Minnow,

I have a PS/B MC and I live not far from Wayne Gretzky Drive. No hubcaps but I do have winter tires on my R84's. Someone who has a PS/B MCS drives down my block fairly regularly. Is that you Mini Steve visiting from Calgary?

BTW, you may want to slow down when travelling north on WG Drive, the cops are doing laser from the Ada Drive bridge. Luckily I have not been caught yet.

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Jag Jag :
So much for me thinking I would likely have the only MC with R84's around here!
Then again mine are for summer use (although they are still on now with no snow in sight) and yours will be on in the winter. :)

·
'03 BRG Cooper
10 Posts
Spotted a bk/bk MCS in London that I had not seen before. Queens Ave. Wed about 7:15pm.

Cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
Finally getting some more company here in the far South West of Ontario now we have MINI WIndsor......IB Mini spotted on Little River in Tecumseh.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not Me Jag Jag

That can't be me Jag Jag, because I own a Cooper rather than a Cooper S. And I'm not up in that area all too often.

Peace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Spotted:

Middle-aged, chubby woman driving a hyper blue 2005 MCS at Westhills Mall (Calgary) - - the exact same kind I'm driving.

And I was wondering,"Do they not screen their drivers for coolness before selling them a car?"

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Spotted an '05 MCS yesterday Hyper Blue/White with white R85's at 127 St. near 137 Ave. car wash.
Owner was outside wiping down - decided to drive around the block for a better look, got there just as he pulled away. Sped up a bit to follow, see his eyes in side mirror and give him a thumbs up. He pulls over and we chat a bit. I mention to watch out for the door handles freezing - says he has had no problem, and he's constantly washing it. I guess the new handle design from April '04 builds are worth seeking out - will see if can have replaced under warranty when E-town dealer finally opens this summer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gave the wave to a Silver Cooper S, Tuesday Feb 8th, Noon, Brunswick blvd. Near Sources Blvd. (beside the Mr. Lube), I was in an Indi Blue/W Cooper. Anyone??????

__
Fioremini

1 - 20 of 21 Posts