MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi , i have had my first mini now since the end of september, i bought a new red and white cooper d. really enjoying the car , the question is ,i wash it every week , spend hours doing so, noticed today that the rear roof pillars are already show wash marks like small faint scratches like most shiny black surfaces do. has any one else notice'd this and what do they use to wash and to wipe dry with, i'm thinking perhaps i should cover the pillars with a clear protective film, just wondering how bad it could end up looking in a couple years time,:red:

·
Obsessive Car Cleaner OCC
3,342 Posts
You need to learn not to create them, If you do then ignore what im going to say..

Use two buckets to wash your car not one.

One with soap in and one without. wash a panel of the car rinse the wash mitt in the clean water bucket. and repeat.

Dont use sponges of any kind on paint work.

Use correct dry towels etc etc

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to learn not to create them, If you do then ignore what im going to say..

Use two buckets to wash your car not one.

One with soap in and one without. wash a panel of the car rinse the wash mitt in the clean water bucket. and repeat.

Dont use sponges of any kind on paint work.

Use correct dry towels etc etc
hi, i'm to a occ , i havent used sponge's for years, use lambs wool mits , and auto glym drying cloths, always use clean water and start at the top etc you know what i mean , i am having a new garage built soon so i might just hook up the air line and blow dry the pillars, would also be useful on the filler cap , the rear chrome strip on the boot , front grill and the gap all round the wheel arches and mirrors, bet you know what i mean cheers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Is that the Autoglym Aqua Dry Leather you use?
This might be the cause of the swirl marks. It will need to be machine polished to remove them, or polished by hand with AG Super Resin Polish or a similar product to cover over the marks.
Using a quick detailer helps when drying, or a leaf blower is pretty good at drying cars :smile:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that the Autoglym Aqua Dry Leather you use?
This might be the cause of the swirl marks. It will need to be machine polished to remove them, or polished by hand with AG Super Resin Polish or a similar product to cover over the marks.
Using a quick detailer helps when drying, or a leaf blower is pretty good at drying cars :smile:
hi, i am using aqua dry leather ,been looking for something for a while to replace it , i've tried waffle cloths , but not impressed with them either , the leaf blower idea made me smile , cheers .

·
Registered
241 Posts
Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels are good, I use Sonus Ultimate Detailing Towels which are great, a spray of a quick detailer really helps dry the car faster and to a better finish :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts