MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone thanks for your comments. I am about to start my challenge to get my excess back from BMW. I am still disgusted that the BMW drivers manual states you can go through water that is 12 inches deep. I would pretty much bet that this is impossible without locking your engine. Any more advice of how to fight BMW for my excess I would be very grateful for.

Just one last question for other mini cooper owners. Can you tell me if yor engines have 'cooper' written on them or 'mini'. Because I am still running in my new engine, I have not had a chance to compare its performance and I want to be absolutely sure what they put in my car! Im sure im just being paranoid but after looking at the picture galleries I spotted an engine with COOPER on where as my engine has MINI on.

·
Registered
577 Posts
The 12" figure is probably based upon the height of the air intake and the height of the ignition wires. But they apparently didn't consider that water splashes if the car is moving, even slowly. If you can prove the design of the airbox contributes to the problem, you may have recourse.

As another poster said, all the engines say "MINI" on them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts