MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I started up my car today and i had sandals on and i felt water on my foot. It came form just left of where the clutch is located.It seem'd to spray out, not too much. i turned the aircondition off and i started the car again and nothing came out.I then turned on the aircondition again and turned off the car,i then started it again and water sprayed out, a little less this time. So from what i gather i have an air condition leakage?????

Anybody have any experience of this happening

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
If its a puddle that appears under the car, then its condensate from the a/c heat exchanger - normal in humidish conditions like this, I have seen it under my own car too.....

Was it blowing out forcefully? :confused:

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AidenL said:
Ah, I re-read your post - the spray is in the footwells? :confused:

Maybe get that checked I think.........outside is OK, never heard of it happening inside.....:(
Yes Aiden,
its in the footwells inside

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
<------------Thinks:

Might be condensate trapped in the vent system, flaps activate when the system starts up, hence releasing the trapped condensate.........just a thought..........;)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Or the hose for the condensate is kinked or stopped up.
Not sure of the configuration on the MINI, but most have rubber hoses that are usually routed so they're susceptible to kinking and clogging whenever someone's messing around in the general vicinity.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MINImeat said:
Or the hose for the condensate is kinked or stopped up.
Not sure of the configuration on the MINI, but most have rubber hoses that are usually routed so they're susceptible to kinking and clogging whenever someone's messing around in the general vicinity.
I can reassure you that i have not been messing around at all!!

If you click on the link below you can see a green line and if i put my fingers behind there, it is soaking wet there

I left it for a while to dry up and i turned on the engine when i turn on the aircondition i can feel a good bit of air pressure there. So its defintley the air condition.A hose/tube has probaly come loose

http://www.nowayout.ie/test/DSC00158.jpg (am having problems with attachments also!!)

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
MINImeat said:
I wasn't blaming you, just suggesting that it might have happened while the car was being serviced or worked on for some other reason.
I know you werent blaming me ;) but i got the Aux gauges installed about 6 weeks ago, so they could have messed around with something
I'll give them a ring in the morning

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Had an Integra with a bad AC expansion valve. The dealer replaced it, which involved removing most of the underdash AC components, and the car leaked everytime it rained afterwards. I was too afraid they'd do more damage to take it back, so I threw my daily paper in the floorboard everytime it rained to soak up the water until the car was declared a total loss in a wreck. The car was great except for that!

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MINImeat said:
Had an Integra with a bad AC expansion valve. The dealer replaced it, which involved removing most of the underdash AC components, and the car leaked everytime it rained afterwards. I was too afraid they'd do more damage to take it back, so I threw my daily paper in the floorboard everytime it rained to soak up the water until the car was declared a total loss in a wreck. The car was great except for that!
My dad always told me that once the dealers get their hands on your car thats when your car starts getting problems

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
mcsIRL said:
My dad always told me that once the dealers get their hands on your car thats when your car starts getting problems
Amen to that ! :rolleyes:

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dealer told me that i will have to wait til next wednesday before they wll look at my car and if i want a loan of a car they will charge me..... its a bit of a joke

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Problem fixed!!!
The water from the air condition that was meant to leak outside the car was leaking inside my car.They must have messed things up when they installed my Oil and battery gauges.

At least no more water inside my car and i can use the air condition again. i realised how good air condtion is!!!! The heat in the car was unbearable the last few days and i'm only in Ireland!!

The dealer cleaned my car inside and outside which was good as it needed a cleaning

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
4 Participants
Fabio
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing