MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi anyone know where I can find a copy of the water pump puma notice. I think mine is about to come apart from the sound coming from the drivers side. Like a belt squeal but only comes on after 5 miles (water warm up presumably )and then only at low revs, hitting the throttle makes the noise dissapear!

Any info would be great cheers!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
I had mine replaced on my (brand new!!!!!!) Cooper S about a month ago, its been fine ever since, no more horrible knocking or squealing noises to be heard :)

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
Ditto. Had mine replaced under warrenty too. I'll try find the video I posted on YouTube later on.

When you've got the noise very audible, take it to a dealer and get them to confirm it in their workshop. They'll process it through to get it done under warrenty.

Since the replacement, it's been hunky dory :D. Hope this info helps. The videos are below.

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep thanks guys sounds just like mine!
Don't think I will leave it too long maybe next week before I take it in. How long a job is it by the way?

·
MCS AB Owner! =D
325 Posts
Yep thanks guys sounds just like mine!
Don't think I will leave it too long maybe next week before I take it in. How long a job is it by the way?
Don't think it takes that long. Maybe between an hour or two. I decided to leave mine in for the day as I only work 5 minutes away from the garage. Don't panic about it though as I was told the problem wasnt going to effect the car or go bang whilst driving. Just seems like there's a few defective water pumps in the latest builds.

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
I had the exact same noise on a May 08 Build Cooper that I had for the day today, I wandered what it was, now I know.
Car had only down 1.5k miles as well!

its didn't do it all the time just now and again at idle.

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just been to the dealers therir diagnoses is possibly the water pump belt adjuster! They will need the car in on friday to strip down.
They say there are 2 different parts for the car and they need to know which to fit.:eek:

I think they are bluffing somewhere I don't beleive it is an adjuster but part of the mechanical friction device that is employed to save on the emissions! One of many devices that are newly manufactured for this engine. and are now showing some of their inherrent design flaws!
We shall see.:puzzled:
While I was there ordered up a checkerd dash which I will be fitting to Charlie on Wednesday!:cool:

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Water pump puma anybody?

Well just picked Charlie up from dealers after they fitted a new adjuster to the water pump belt. Drove 40 miles and guess what? The squeal is back not quite as loud but audible while driving and intermitently when stationary!:angry:

Got to go back obviously! What really p***** me off is the fact that the guy at BMW said they only ever had problems relating to the adjuster! That was after I said to him that I hope that the adjuster was all that was wrong in regards to the pump noise.:angry::angry:

Has anybody got the puma for the faulty water pump issue ? I really could do with it!:mad:

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Took Charlie back to the dealers today. Let them know civily how I felt, about them knowing about this issue across the group and worldwide, and how they have responded at other dealers by renewing the waterpump and not just the adjuster.
They agreed to take it in again and look at it (another day without a car!:angry:)

After mentioning to them maybe they should look at their PUMA notifications, I got the reply "Ah yes... but you can't rely on the PUMA's as they often come from other countries and have nothing to do with ours at times"!

Well got me confused and annoyed straight away:angry::confused:
I have never heard this load of BULL before! After all we are talking about the same car aren't we? with the same parts built, processed and distributed by the same people aren't we?:confused::confused: SURELY COMMONSNSE IS TO FIRST LOOK AT THE PUMAS IN CASE THERE IS A FIX!! AFTER ALL THATS WHAT THEY WERE DESIGNED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. A PARALLELL UNIVERSAL MESSAGE passing ARCHITECTURE:mad:

Anyways will let you know how it proceedsafter booking it in Fri 26th.

Could still do with a known PUMA copy for this isuue please anybody....ANYBODY!!?!!!

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
What a pain :hmph: can you not get a loan car?! :puzzled:

I would have thought they would look at the PUMA thingys, but clearly they lack that sense :hmph:

Good luck with round 2 :)

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh yes they asked me if I wanted a loan car. I said don't really need one but do you have one available (knowing they rarely do) The guy answered not for 2-3 weeks. I just laughed at him:biggrin:

We'll see how we get on Fri:rolleyes:

·
Banned
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
leaking manifold?!

After dropping charlie off at the dealers for a waterpump refit, I have just been contacted by them to say that I also have a leaking manifold, and they will be looking into this at the sametime:aargh:

Anyone had a similiar prob?:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts