MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while now my car (with a july-02 DOB) has had overheating issues when I drive in the city, and under the bonnet, at idle, the car has the clank of a small diesel somewhere near the s/c, my guess is that the water pump is shot,. does replacing it involve replacing the S/C?. oh, I have a 15% pulley, could this contribute to it?

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
So for a while now my car (with a july-02 DOB) has had overheating issues when I drive in the city, and under the bonnet, at idle, the car has the clank of a small diesel somewhere near the s/c, my guess is that the water pump is shot,. does replacing it involve replacing the S/C?. oh, I have a 15% pulley, could this contribute to it?

Probably not. 7+ years from a waterpump is not bad going considering what it has to do, It is quite a straight forward job to do once all the bits that surround it are out of the way. Quite a few failures on R56 waterpumps already but they are under warranty, I'd say 4 hours work maximum if you DIY.

·
a.k.a. BrainRush
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so, are you saying tha S/C is fine, and I probably will not ahve to replace it, or that the water pump is fine? i'm sorry, just, to me it's worded kinda funny. If it's the former, then I have the bentley service manual by my side. If it can guide me through a new oil pan and a s/c pulley, then a new waterpump will be no problem. except for the fact that the darned book isn't near me at the moment...

·
Registered
44 Posts
supercharger and water pump can be seperated so if you thinkits the water pump you will only need to replace that, hope you get it sorted! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts