MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Calgary, where their arent too many MINI's... but im seeing more and more everyday. Anyways, I drive my MINI lots! Like most MINI owners (i hope!), whenever I see another MINI I wave to them and am excited to see them on the road.... but what gets me is that out of the past 6 mini's i have seen, 1 has waved back!!!! :confused: Some MINI''s just ignore the guesture and some just act like "what are you doing???" Come on people!!! We know you like MINI's... why dont you wave back??? :)

... a little off topic....There was this one MINI that made me laugh... :D it was silver and looked similar to mine and this guy was sooo incredibly shocked to see my mini!!! :eek: literally, this is how he looked!!! hahaha i just gave him a wave, and he just kept his mouth open in "awe" lol...

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wave back if I notice they're there.

Quite often I'm too busy concentrating on my own carriageway tho...

·
Registered
21 Posts
What colour combo do you have. I'll keep my eyes open (sorry I just noticed you said silver)
What end of town do you drive in mostly?

·
Registered
12 Posts
miniman marshall said:
I live in Calgary, where their arent too many MINI's... but im seeing more and more everyday. Anyways, I drive my MINI lots! Like most MINI owners (i hope!), whenever I see another MINI I wave to them and am excited to see them on the road.... but what gets me is that out of the past 6 mini's i have seen, 1 has waved back!!!! :confused: Some MINI''s just ignore the guesture and some just act like "what are you doing???" Come on people!!! We know you like MINI's... why dont you wave back??? :)

... a little off topic....There was this one MINI that made me laugh... :D it was silver and looked similar to mine and this guy was sooo incredibly shocked to see my mini!!! :eek: literally, this is how he looked!!! hahaha i just gave him a wave, and he just kept his mouth open in "awe" lol...
C'mon, miniman. We're too cool to wave at each other like little kids. We just strut around in packs when we see another Mini on the road. Yesterday, cruising down Crowchild Trail, I was sandwiched between two other Mini's. If it wasn't rush hour, I'm sure we'd do some Snowbird* maneouvering to impress the poor saps who drive those dreadful PT Cruisers.

- Guff

* Canadian stunt jets, in case you're wondering.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mjvander said:
What colour combo do you have. I'll keep my eyes open (sorry I just noticed you said silver)
What end of town do you drive in mostly?
my coopers silver with a black roof (i got the sunroof) and i have only the front bumper of the aerokit on since i needed a new bumper and am getting the rest of the kit put on next summer! I live in the SE so i am usually cruisin around down there....

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guff said:
C'mon, miniman. We're too cool to wave at each other like little kids. We just strut around in packs when we see another Mini on the road. Yesterday, cruising down Crowchild Trail, I was sandwiched between two other Mini's. If it wasn't rush hour, I'm sure we'd do some Snowbird* maneouvering to impress the poor saps who drive those dreadful PT Cruisers.

- Guff

* Canadian stunt jets, in case you're wondering.
lol :D i like this idea very much too! i have driven with other minis like this but i would like to see waves or something when we are passing other minis and not able to drive with them... hahahaha i read your post again... it just makes me laugh!! :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wake Up! :)

Hello guys. I took delivery of my 2005 Mini Cooper (Silver w/ Black roof) on Sept. 25. Living near 17th Ave SW, I see Minis quite often. I always notice them, but have given up on the waving, because out of about 15 Minis I've seen since I bought mine, only one has noticed me! :( But, I will keep my eyes open!

Mini Man.. I think I saw you one day on my way to work on Glenmore at about 730am. I was going East, you were going west.. about three weeks ago.

Anyway.. Peace! And KEEP MOTORING!

G

·
I always wave...then feel like an idiot when the other MINI owner doesn't wave back.

Mine is Black with a white roof, with checkered graphics on the sides. You won't see it around much until warmer temperatures...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mini Steve said:
Hello guys. I took delivery of my 2005 Mini Cooper (Silver w/ Black roof) on Sept. 25. Living near 17th Ave SW, I see Minis quite often. I always notice them, but have given up on the waving, because out of about 15 Minis I've seen since I bought mine, only one has noticed me! :( But, I will keep my eyes open!

Mini Man.. I think I saw you one day on my way to work on Glenmore at about 730am. I was going East, you were going west.. about three weeks ago.

Anyway.. Peace! And KEEP MOTORING!
YES!! haha that was probably me... i drive on glenmore everyday... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts