MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I have broached this subject before, as have many people, but recently I feel I have started to notice a trend, woman driving mini's very rarely wave at fellow female mini drivers! I always check out other Mini's when I drive past them but often notice that if its a woman driving it they just put their head down and act like they haven't seen you. This doesn't generally seem to be quite the same with the guys. Is this just a girl to girl thing or do guys find that other guys won't wave at them and only the females give them a wave??? Maybe no one wants to wave at me!!!

julesxx

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
I'd wave at you Jules!

I know what you mean sometimes, but I have a few minis I see all the time who are driven by women and we go crazy when we see each other! Thumbs up or really happy waving!

I was driving my MINI through Bethnall Green in London the other day and still was attempting waving to minis. I saw one when all my mates in the car (embrassing when you wave and they don't wave back when your mates are in the car) and him and his girlfriend waved happily! New mini though so they were still feeling the love I think!

It does depend where you are. Sometimes you justt can't see each other till its too late. I actually feel guilty if I miss a wave cos I'm taking a corner or braking or something. Nevermind, theres normally more non wavers than wavers anyway!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Whenever i see another MINI I get so excited and wave like mad! 90% of the time i get ignored!!!! :(

Other women always ignore me. Its only ever men that wave back. Shame on you girlies! :confused:

xx :black: xx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Since having my MINI (about 3 weeks now) only 2 other MINI drivers have waved back, the rest just kinda ignore ya :( or look at you very strangely !! :confused:

When i had my Beetle, i used to get waved at all the time :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
My folks have got my MINI today (for the first time) and they have been flashed at already. I've had him for three months and only been flashed at twice!!! How typical is that! Jammy sods!

Or maybe just nobody likes me :( Hee hee!!

xx :black: xx

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Burti said:
Since having my MINI (about 3 weeks now) only 2 other MINI drivers have waved back, the rest just kinda ignore ya :( or look at you very strangely !! :confused:

When i had my Beetle, i used to get waved at all the time :)
I had a Beetle too!! Beetle drivers were almost over excitable with their waving - had some bloke flashing, waving, beeping so much once taht I thought I had a flat tyre or something!!!

I always have a good look at any mini and if they look over will give them a wave but just have found that a lot of woman don't seem to wither a) notice other minis or b) deliberately ignore them!!

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
I've had my MINI for two weeks now (albeit for four days it was parked in an airport carpark) and I've tried to apply the Mini Etiquette guide page (whatever it was) and flash my lights wherever I can... so far I've only been flashed back twice. Once in Portsmouth (good on you girl!) and then on Friday driving back from Woking towards Portsmouth... Rather disappointing but I'll keep going a bit longer in the hope that I'll find more flashers ;-)

·
Registered
101 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
Rather disappointing but I'll keep going a bit longer in the hope that I'll find more flashers ;-)
I'll flash at ya if i see u in portsmouth :D

·
Now answering to Lady J!
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
feverdiva21 said:
I've had my MINI for two weeks now (albeit for four days it was parked in an airport carpark) and I've tried to apply the Mini Etiquette guide page (whatever it was) and flash my lights wherever I can... so far I've only been flashed back twice. Once in Portsmouth (good on you girl!) and then on Friday driving back from Woking towards Portsmouth... Rather disappointing but I'll keep going a bit longer in the hope that I'll find more flashers ;-)
Not in your area but would certainly flash/wave at you if I saw you as I have only seen a couple of BEP mini's and no MCS's so I would take a good guess it could be you!! Get my HB/W MCS in MArch - its just too long to wait!!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I waved at a guy in a silver aerokitted Mini (think it was a Cooper) yesterday and he looked at me like I was a piece of S*** he was only in his early twenties. Misery guts.

·
Grumpometer: OFF SCALE
6,836 Posts
i'll always wave back at any ny driver but i do get an earfull from mrsmeds if its a female.
if anyone flashed me i;d probably crash with excitement. :D ooh ,do people mean headlights

·
MINI-no-more
1,415 Posts
wildchild jules said:
I feel I have started to notice a trend, woman driving mini's very rarely wave at fellow female mini drivers!
Jules, I know exactly what you mean! I always try to wave regardless of male/female driver, I reckon about 90% of the men wave but only about 10% of the women do, makes me :mad: . If someone waves or flashes me first, I get super happy :D :D

·
BEP Owner
189 Posts
Laura - I'm still watching out for your MINI - I'm sure I'll spot you eventually :)
Burti - thanks hopefully I'll see you too, and
Wildchild Jules - the wait will be worth it - I had to wait just over 3 months and it was HARD but it is worth it in the end !!!

Flashed at some people today when I was out and about and did get one flash and one wave back... probably about a 20% success rate. Still waiting to be flashed first though ;-)

PS ... I am female and "quite a bit over" 21 so I guess i'm in the flashing minority ;-)

PS I'm still yet to see another BEP on the road other than mine - presumably there are others in Hampshire ?????

·
Registered
101 Posts
feverdiva21 said:
PS I'm still yet to see another BEP on the road other than mine - presumably there are others in Hampshire ?????
yep there sure are...although its driven by Ben, (salesguy from Snows Mini) i had his BEP for a few hours on test drive.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts