MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Outlaw
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I got wax on my black wheel arch trim and want to know how to best get it off without harming the surface. Any suggestions? May seem trivial but I do not want to change the black surface color with something too strong etc.

Craig

·
my ponies have escaped!!!
4,955 Posts
easiest way = change the arches :)

i know they are a bhugger to get that white worn and abused look off them.

What was BMW thinking of!!! Retro appeal? Pah! try cleaning them its a nightmare.

Not sure mate there are loads of links just do a search

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Peanut butter. Smooth only - crunchy doesn't work as well.

Smear it on, leave it for a few minutes and wipe it off. It may take several applications but it will work.

You can also use peanut oil, but where's the fun in that? :p

pocket_rocket said:
Hey Y'all,

I got wax on my black wheel arch trim and want to know how to best get it off without harming the surface. Any suggestions? May seem trivial but I do not want to change the black surface color with something too strong etc.

Craig

·
Registered
14 Posts
Don't wax them. After the first oops I was able to get all the wax off the wheel arcs with "wax as you dry" spray on wax. Mothers product I think. Zymol is water soluable.

·
Outlaw
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Griots

I have never heard of such a thing.. you HAVE TO BE JOKING.. Anyhow, I found my answer.. I am not sure why I did not think to try here 1st.

Griot's Garage Link Click Here..

CoryB said:

Smear it on, leave it for a few minutes and wipe it off. It may take several applications but it will work.

·
motorist
208 Posts
Peanut oil worked perfectly for me. Previous attempts at Armor All and Back to Black reduced the problem for a while, but then it returned. With peanut oil, it seems to really be fixed.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Some waxes do not leave any residue on black trim. A couple of examples are Klasse AIO and P21S or S100.

Back to Black can work but is a temporary fix.

·
blacklisted by dealer
105 Posts
Here is one..

LARGE ERASER

No harm by any chemicals, it doesn't cover it up, but removes the residue. May want to cut the eraser in half to create a sharp edge to get into the diffucult areas.

This method works great for myself and others I know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used smooth peanut butter, it worked but was a bit grim applying to the car :(

going to try the white vinegar this coming weekend.(as there is still some left!)

thanks

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
Use peanut oil not peanut butter... although peanut butter works too... its the oil that gets it off... if applied too much u then get peanut butter brown-ness stuck inside the arch or where the car and the arch meets... I much prefer just peanut oil. :)

·
MINI Traitor
4,974 Posts
CoryB said:

Could I lick the peanut butter off :confused: :D :D

I use mineral turpentine which seems to work well. You have to wash the mineral Turpentine off with soapy water straight away though :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
13 Participants
swamos
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing