MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a few questions:

What is the weight (in KG) of the engine block from the mini cooper?

What is the weight (in KG) of the aluminium cylinder head from the mini cooper?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Greetings

Alex

·
Registered
2003 (June 03) Mini One Cooper S R53
37 Posts
Can anyone confirm how strong a levelling arm I need for an R50 engine lift?

My hoist is up to 2 tonnes but the cheaper engine levellers are shown to be about 0.8 tonnes, will this do the job or am I likely to loose an engine

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
0.5 tonne engine and gearbox complete if that ish, i got a 2 tonne engine crane that will on full length life engine and gearbox easy

·
Registered
2005 R53, 2005 R53 lightweight, 2008 R55S, 2012 R58 FJCW, 2014 R60SD All4, 1996 Mini Cooper 35SE.
1,344 Posts
I just use a chain in the right place under the sump, no need for a bar imo
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
2003 (June 03) Mini One Cooper S R53
37 Posts
0.5 tonne engine and gearbox complete if that ish, i got a 2 tonne engine crane that will on full length life engine and gearbox easy
Perfect, hunted all over for that info, couldn't find a rough weight anywhere online nor in the Haynes

The donor cars MOT runs out this month so finally doing the engine swap on my cooper in the next fortnight

·
Registered
12,747 Posts
Perfect, hunted all over for that info, couldn't find a rough weight anywhere online nor in the Haynes

The donor cars MOT runs out this month so finally doing the engine swap on my cooper in the next fortnight
just pull front off it wheel it all out the front by far the best method

1 - 7 of 7 Posts