MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I was looking at the MINI USA online configurator today and I noticed this really weird picture of the MINI navigation screen. Notice how just below the nav display the button setup is totally different than the current one (which is also pictured below). The current nav system only has one rotating knob in the middle and a single "Menu" button just to the left of it (the button on the right side is just a dummy button that houses the light sensor I believe). Whereas the weird one in the topmost picture appears to have two smaller buttons on either side of the rotating knob.

Anyone know what that's all about???

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Only messing, hope I never see the day that that load of crap hits the Mini
Looks like it may be some kind of upgrade - maybe an quick switch for the camera system??

·
Registered
126 Posts
based on the look of the buttons on "current one", it looks like those 2 buttons could really be 4. Meaning that the 2 buttons are long enough that they're rocker switches, in that you could push either the right or left side of the button for different functions.
Can't say for sure though as I didn't want the satnav for my car.

·
MINI2 Irregular
27 Posts
Hmm. Interesting. You'll notice that the display screen itself appears smaller as well. I have a feeling that you're seeing a picture taken from a concept car, or perhaps even a photoshop special.

Hmph. And they thought we wouldn't notice! ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phaedrus said:
Hmm. Interesting. You'll notice that the display screen itself appears smaller as well. I have a feeling that you're seeing a picture taken from a concept car, or perhaps even a photoshop special.

Hmph. And they thought we wouldn't notice! ;)
Yes, I was thinking that maybe it came from a pre-release version of the car myself. Although, the means of navigating the screen on the MINI Navigation System leaves a lot to be desired (especially when compared to the Garmin units, etc.), and so I guess that I was really hoping that a new (MKV) version was going to come out soon with new functionality (such as a touch screen, 3D view, etc.). :D

Thanks for the comments everyone.

BTW, I'm not sure if you noticed this one or not, but if you look at the MINI USA configurator and check out the pictures of the MFSW, you'll see that they've updated the pictures recently (i.e. when they updated the site to reflect the new 01/05 changes like the LSD, etc.) to show two new buttons on the left-hand spoke of the wheel. The pictures are blurry, so it's hard to tell, but I think that they are for the new Bluetooth Integration:

However, the Bluetooth Integration isn't mentioned anywhere on the MINI USA site as far as I can see (and so it is strange that they went through all of the trouble just to update the pics). Maybe they could also be new buttons for switching the radio's mode, etc. I know that the old two-spoke MFSW had the ability to do this whereas the newer three-spoke MFSW does not. Interesting... :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts