MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to share some information about my recent experience with a 2009 Mini Cooper clubman 1.6l non turbo N12 auto trans. I had a no start no crank situation. I called a tow truck and by the time it arrived I decided to try to start it again. It started right up! A few days go by and another no start situation I assumed that because it didn’t crank or click it was a starter failure. Removing the starter is quite a job on the mini my recommendation is to remove the intake manifold to remove the starter it makes your life much easier. You May be able to get it out other ways but it is way easier to do it that way. So I replaced the starter and put everything back together. Nothing no crank same symptoms. After checking fuses and relays and making sure the fuel pump was priming I checked the ground cable it is located on the upper engine mount under the support beam it was tight but I figured I’d snug it up more so I really tightened it down and the mini started right up. However the starter was bad when I took it to be tested it didn’t pass. But the mortal of my story is check the ground strap first with a no start no crank. I couldn’t find anything online about these symptoms and hope this helps someone out!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or it could of been search this "CAS unit not starting"
I did scan it and I had some CAS faults but as soon as I tightened the ground strap it started so I’d assume that was the main problem. But honestly I’m not sure.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
below link explains what they do

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
mike1967
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing