MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just introduced a new Mini owner to these forums. He's a fellow administrator on Overclockers Australia, in the Motoring section, and he has a great deal of knowledge on cars and motoring - and he's definatly interested in Brisbane cruises!

Welcome mate, and you better put up some pictures real soon!

Kev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! (waves)..

Thanks Baker for the introduction.

I've just bought a Mini Cooper Chilli on the weekend.. picking it up on Friday.

* Black with Black roof
* Partial Leather interior
* 3 Spoke integrated steering wheel
* Bluetooth
* Chrono gauge pack
* Chrome-line interior
* Traction control

I'm looking forward to drive days in/around Brisbane ! :)

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Nice one mate!!

Welcome:)

Todd

·
Once lost, now found..
204,985 Posts
Hey :D Welcome to the site :D

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi Spectral,

Welcome to the boards ;)

I am sure you will enjoy the mini :D

By the way, you will find many "overclocked" minis on these forums ;)

Cheers

Robbo

·
Registered
5 Posts
wow.. thanks for the kind welcomes.

My fiance and I are pretty excited about it and are looking forward to owning our first "community" car, where fellow owners wave etc.

Anyway, I shall keep an eye out for Brisbane club runs etc, and hope to meet a few people there.

:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
picked up the car today. looks fantastic :)

The steering is much improved from the earlier MY04 (?) model I drove last week... the salesman mentioned that they've worked on the steering in the latest release.

Couple of features that I discovered and loved :

* The light in the roof shining on the instruments/controls. Handy for a new mini driver to find everything (including the door handles :p )

* The wipers that slow to intermittant when you pull up at a traffic light

* The chromeline kit :) I think it looks awesome, especially on a black car with tint

* The chrono gauge clusters. Not being a sentimental (or historic) mini fan, the original dash layout bothered me. The purists would probably throw sticks at me for saying that I prefer the chrono setup hands down.

Things I'm a little iffy about :

* The control stalks.. they don't feel like they match the rest of the car for quality
* The trip computer control button.. hard to operate without the stalk moving
* My size 12 shoe hits the steering shaft with the clutch engaged, weird feeling when turning into the driveway, almost knocked my foot off

But all in all, very impressed.

·
You are number 6
5,267 Posts
Good to hear spectral

I agree the chromeline and the chrono kit look great; how about a few pics?

:blblack: :D :blblack: :D :blblack:

·
Being normal is not fun!
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
spectral said:
* The light in the roof shining on the instruments/controls. Handy for a new mini driver to find everything (including the door handles :p )
Thats the first thing everyone says in my car - "where are the handles?"

* The wipers that slow to intermittant when you pull up at a traffic light
Thats a great little feature - personally I've got the auto wipers, which are heaps of fun when you've got someone in the car and you go under a bridge etc, and they stop.

* The chromeline kit :) I think it looks awesome, especially on a black car with tint
You'll have to get me a few pics of this mate - thinking of adding it to my car.

* The chrono gauge clusters. Not being a sentimental (or historic) mini fan, the original dash layout bothered me. The purists would probably throw sticks at me for saying that I prefer the chrono setup hands down.
Bah! I'm still not over the fact that mine has a monster tacho (which, by the way, the ricers where I work are jealous of :D) instead of the speedo.

* The control stalks.. they don't feel like they match the rest of the car for quality
* The trip computer control button.. hard to operate without the stalk moving
* My size 12 shoe hits the steering shaft with the clutch engaged, weird feeling when turning into the driveway, almost knocked my foot off
I'm a size 13 shoe, and you get used to a way to drive it without hitting it. The trip computer button I've found you just have to support it with one of your other fingers while you press it.

Now you've got your Mini, its time to get a Whalen! Do a search, and if you're interested, you might be able to get in on the group buy-cum-big worldwide sale.

So are you getting rid of your other car, or are you keeping it for something else?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts