MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please forgive the non-MINI nature of this topic.

I just wanted to say well done to Australia for hosting a wonderful GP (as usual).

And very well done to Paul Stoddart and Mark Webber for making it a great event with a heart warming ending.

They made Shuey look like the boring old fart he really is - what was he talking about when he questioned Trulli for not letting him past - get a grip man - someone needs to give him a kick into the real world.

Anyway - well done down under.

Dave

PS - DC for the championship :D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Paul & Mark

Attachments

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
I went to the GP on saturday (qualifying day) and waited outside the MINI compound to get snaps of the MINIs and the drivers for a couple of hours (in the rain). There were hundreds of people milling around the fence trying to get closer to the MINIs. BMW/MINI had half a dozen road ready Coopers on display alongside the Celebrity versions.

I listened to parts of the crowd as they commented on the new MINI, and the large majority were quite impressed with size and style. I spoke to a few baby boomers who were going to go and organise test drives based upon the display on the day.

When the gates opened to let the cars out for their qualifying session, there was a lot of pushing and shoving to get best position to look at the cars and the drivers.

The cars sounded lovely, especially dropping down gears as they approached the end of the main straight, and none of them were airborne like Ralf.

They did us all proud.

Regards, ElTel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts