MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
R1 said:
Well done to Mike Cooper for coming 3rd in the MINI celebrity GP support race in Australia.
On Friday night at the Melbourne Motor Show, BMW/MINI had invited all 'S' owners to an exclusive cocktail party, where Mike Cooper spoke highly of the MINI and of the company and the people behind it.

He was extremely generous with his time, signing autographs and posing for photos. You can imagine the demands on him during the last week, yet he appeared genuinely interested in what was going on and talked openly to all of us for quite a while.

I attended the MINI Celebrity Challenge practice session on Saturday, and Mike came out of the compound prior to the practice session to talk to MINI enthusiasts for about 15 minutes. He's a really interesting and genuine chap and we are very lucky to have him on our side.

I took some photos of the day, I hope to get them scanned and posted here shortly.

Mike did really well in the race today, and the Coopers performed beautifully. By the way, they are all going back to Germany to be crushed.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I cant wait to visit the JCW garage now :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
All the MINI's you see in the images from Italy and the track day in Bedford I attended....

Crushed or to be crushed.

:mad:
What an absolute shame! I realize there must be legal reasons for this decision, but it seems like instead of crushing them (presumably to keep them from being used on the street) MINI should strip out the interiors, void the VINs and sell them cheap to people who'll build them up and go racing!

There must be 30 or more cars that are headed for the crusher - these would make a great budget series for autocrossing, MINI-stox, or similar.

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
ELISEBOY said:
why are they being crushed?
that seems such a waste:(
They are all pre-production cars - I certainly wouldn't like to get insurance on them ! - Grey imports are bad enough !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts