MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a very good expereince of customer service today at Victoria M-K - always like to reward effort with a complement.

Popped over to them in my lunch hour to order some clear side repeaters and get them to have a look at my driver seat which has developed a creak.

Just expected them to have a quick look at best and book it in for work later - instead they insisted on jumping straight on it that instant - while I was treated to the complimentary coffee etc. Very efficient.

No waiting, no hassle and an almost instant fix to the problem. Can't expect much better than that?:D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Silverstone

Any ideas what they did to cure the creak ?, mine is about to be booked in to the workshop to have this and 2 otehr faults cured and I wouldn't mind knowing what they did to yours. Mine creaks really badly and can't be my fault as I am only 9 stone :D

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I get the feeling Victoria have improved a lot over the months, at first, and for a while, they were utterly dire when it came to customer enquries for the MINI, and I experienced this myself as well as reports from others....

Nice to know they are getting their act together, what with MK being full of Smarts, and the UK VAG and Daimler Chrysler HQ's (and others) being in town, I think that they have almost have a duty to fly the flag for the MINI.

:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chip - they just squirted a bit of WD40 in the right place as far as I could tell!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just like to say how pleased I was with the whole purchasing experience at MK.

I picked up my MCS this morning and have not stopped grinning since...

Well done Victoria Mini MK!

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
On the other hand, Abi took her company car there again for some servicing work (because she couldn't be bothered to go to Bedford or Northampton, despite our previous problems). They fitted the wrong part. :rolleyes:

That means EVERY encounter we've had with them has had a problem so far.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boo to Victoria

Ordered an S and waited the four months. Arrived with standard air-con instead of climate and scratches on the bumper. They offered my money back as you can't retro fit the climate, fair enough, so rather than wait another four months or buy another car I did a deal with them. Not overly happy about it but my choice. Getting the scratches repaired was another matter. First time it went back they claimed they couldn't find them so had buffed the bumper. When I got it home they'd scuffed the black plastic trim round the edge, on both sides. Be cool I think to myself. So we rang them again to be told that they had no courtesy cars available for about 6 weeks, by this time it was four months after I'd first collected the car! They agreed to give us their demo when I complained, and took the car off for 3 days. As they'd done the damage I'd expected them to replace that little plastic bit but no, it got buffed out a reasonable job but not perfect. MK is a fair old trek for us and I got fed up in the end so it won't go back. I even got a call from Reg Vardy customer care to check everything was OK, needless to say...

Maybe other people have had a better experience but personally I feel that as a business they need to try harder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I live literally 5 mins from Victoira MK and thought i'd go there when i was looking to purchase a cherished Cooper. They seemed ok at the time, but didn't have much choice there so they said they would call me when something came up. Went back after a couple of weeks and was promised that they were having one in the following monday and that i could be the first to view - phoned them on monday and they'd sold it!! :mad:

I should have been warned really as an old school mate of mine used to work there, but went to another Mini dealer as he wasn't happy working there!

I ended up going over to Elms at Bedford and was please i did. The Sales team there were really helpful and very friendly. I ended up ordering a new Cooper :black: from them in the end - just shows what good customer service can achieve!! :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Update on latest visit....

Right, my noisy mini is no longer. 1 wheel bearing replaced and all back to normal.

Dealer (Victoria MK) even got the right 1. Still never easy, took it in, they called me at the end of day, they didn't have a free ramp to use so was looking at being finished hopefully just b4 closing, I offered to leave it there for the following day, very helpful they said. Day 2, I called them as they didn't call me! to ask if it was ready, oh yes, sure was. So I went to collect, it was ready and fixed, although after the valet it was actually more dirty than when it went in! Wash your shamy leathers once in a while chaps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I purchased my cooper current cooper from victoria, mk. wasn't the greatest, so when i booked in for my first service i went to wollaston, northampton.
When i go there was dismayed to find that the staff at mk haved moved to northampton!
soooo.... now a couple of years on i have a cooper s on order back at m.k. the new staff are so much better (so far anyway!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts