MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say THANKYOU to everyone who runs this forum, it just gets better and better the information availble is amazing.. :) :) :)

SO THANKYOU YOU INVISIBLE GODS..

Mark.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I dont even own a mini !yet! but I am still well impressed with this forum.

Proper thumbs up like!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Minisoopercooper met Catherine at D/Lovetts Parts last week what a lovely lady. Knows a lot about mini parts too :) . Are you the Paul she mentioned because I printed out the list of chrome parts and console bits off MiniSeverns (Thankyou for that) site and went in babling about chrome bits and she just said thats fine I sourced the part numbers. :D

I should get some more have you seen the silly prices people are paying for the center console and oem chrome bits on ebay..........

·
Riding on JCW power!
367 Posts
Ditto to all above............ ;)

Paul, it must be a great acheivement to have the respect of BMW / MINI with regard to the site, when I picked up my S the dealer was saying he used pictures of the convertible you posted to sell from as BMW had not sent he anything to show customers!

Mini2.com - the 'establishment' for the Mini community :)

BTW, forgive me for going a little off topic, but do you make a living out of Mini2.com fulltime?

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
It's my full time job (well, full time I look after Alfie, our 15 month old Son) and the rest of the time I run the site. At the moment I cant really claim to make a living from it though. Thanks Abi if you're reading. ;)

To be honest, the site has nearly shut a lot of times since 2001 (including this year) due to lack of funds, as it was never intended to be this big, or be a full time job, there was no business plan or financial goals. That's still not my main intention, it's never going to make me rich (more's the pity!). Things are more stable now, which is great.

But if everyone were to sign up as Privilege Members, that would really help! (Was that a subtle sales pitch?!).

:D

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
bigtent said:
Hi Minisoopercooper met Catherine at D/Lovetts Parts last week what a lovely lady. Knows a lot about mini parts too :) . Are you the Paul she mentioned because I printed out the list of chrome parts and console bits off MiniSeverns (Thankyou for that) site and went in babling about chrome bits and she just said thats fine I sourced the part numbers. :D

I should get some more have you seen the silly prices people are paying for the center console and oem chrome bits on ebay..........
Yep, that would be me:D

Catherine is great - so helpful and knows what shes on about. Glad you found the site useful - hope you can come on a run soon and show off that chrome!

I didn't have any interior chrome until the mini OEM chrome came out because it was so expensive.

Paul

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have to say that is doing magical things for BMW.

- Captive audience of prospective buyers, fanatics and owners

- Opportunity to muster even more longevity of cars

- Opening up all kinds of third party options

I really hope they heavily sponsor you or at least acknowledge its existence.

It always fails to amaze me how the big companies fail to utilise these channels. This forum is a perfect example a great forum.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
oxford said:
I have to say that is doing magical things for BMW.

- Captive audience of prospective buyers, fanatics and owners

- Opportunity to muster even more longevity of cars

- Opening up all kinds of third party options

I really hope they heavily sponsor you or at least acknowledge its existence.

It always fails to amaze me how the big companies fail to utilise these channels. This forum is a perfect example a great forum.
They don't sponsor MINI2 or offer any financial support in any way, we like being independent, they like it that way too. We do, of course, get to go on all (well, most) of the press launches etc, but with 300,000 visitors a month and such an active membership as well, they'd be daft to overlook us. That's what I say anyway!

:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Good to hear that, daft is totally the correct expression!

Yes, I think being independant is a big bonus.

You must have quite good connections with the big boys/girls there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts