MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dark Silver/White
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the day would never come. After waiting what seems like an eternity my Cool Blue MCC was fianlly ready for me to pick up on Saturday morning. I couldn't believe the weather had been so kind and this morning on the way to work was the first time I had to drive with the roof up!!!!!!!! What can I say, fantastic car, joy to drive and all the anticipation was definately worth it, although having to get used to the attention as it can be a little unnerving :confused:

Anyway, just wanted to say a big thankyou to evertyone on these boards who made the wait so much more bearable with all the information filtering through, and helping me decide which spec would be best. 110% pleased with the car, although i do have a question. Decided not to go with the wind deflector and still not sure if I still want to get one, but I was under the impression that it would be an expensive option to buy once the car had been built because of the fixing panels on the side of the interior. Well I didn't spec but it looks like I have a the holes for it to be fixed to anyway, so i was wondering, is this the norm and does anyone know how much it will cost to buy one now? If its not silly money and i already have the fixings in, I may borrow my dealers deflector for the day and see if it is something I need to get.

Well here are a few pics of my pride and joy and thanks again to everone :D

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
nice car carolynn
the side panels do come as standard with the fixing holes and i was quoted £190 for the deflector from the dealer.

happy driving

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
juliek said:
nice car carolynn
the side panels do come as standard with the fixing holes and i was quoted £190 for the deflector from the dealer.

happy driving
I believe you have been mis-quoted. The official MINI price is £160 inc. VAT and you should not have to pay a penny more than this!! Even when retro-fitting!

I drove mine yesterday at motorway speeds (a bit above the speed limit) with the wind deflector in place and got hardly any wind in the cabin. Allthough at lower speeds I prefer to have it down and have a bit of wind in my hair!!

Have fun, your car looks fab Carolynn!!!!!!!!!!

Jon

P.S. Pics of mine in gallery!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
ESKIMO
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing