MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went in a TVR Tamora tonight, was a bit of a beast. Have been in quite a few cars recently, including a M3 and S2000, and my god, none sound half as good as the TVR. build is APPALING though, usual TVR thing! Sound is worth 40k in itself though, awesome, absoultely awesome. It resonates of buildings, and i cant even think of a song that sounds better. performance, breathtaking, just goes and goes. But def the noise is the best thing, tremendous.

The first quick car i went in ever was my uncles STI impreza, and to sum it up, this wasnt even a patch on the TVR ;)

Build quality tho TVR, COMMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Poisonedwell said:
I've read articles about these cars in different auto magazones. Why are they known for poor quality?
TVR build stunning cars that often outperform their much more expensive rivals from Germany and Italy, but they are a small manufacturer with limited financial resources so they just can't do the R&D which would lead to better reliability.

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water seals are appaling on them they always leak, which is no good in england. Paint job is poor, tho a superb colour, and other bits, like the carpeted boot, is poorly done, and this was a new one with only 1k on clock!! But otherwise awesome

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
A Young Russian has just bought one of our few remaining British car manufacturers :( (TVR)
Great sound go like stink -tail happy - naff build quality, but they are dam fast, the guy called Trevor that started the company only had it about 20years - believe it was bought out in the 60's and last week or the week b4 was sold to the Russians :(

·
The Hartge Experience
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good old russians. Top Gear made me laugh not long ago about car testers, not being able to slag TVR's of anymore as there now russian owned!!!! ;) and we kno what the russians are famous for ............

·
Registered
150 Posts
Blackpool

TVRs are made in the seaside resort (exaggeration, I know....) of Blackpool which is as well known for its lack of interest in quality as its complete devotion to mammon.

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
Parc77 said:
A Young Russian has just bought one of our few remaining British car manufacturers :( (TVR)
Great sound go like stink -tail happy - naff build quality, but they are dam fast, the guy called Trevor that started the company only had it about 20years - believe it was bought out in the 60's and last week or the week b4 was sold to the Russians :(
i think the Russan guy is only 23 or 24 years old

·
Gutter Princess
3,464 Posts
TVRs are beautiful (soon to be Skoda'd) but RUBBISH! They sound glorious but let you down every time you want to do something or go somewhere... In the Tuscan I had throttle cables snapping in France, engines blowing up on the M11, wipers packing up in the pouring rain... ooh and at Bruntingthorpe some poor dude in his Cerbera was just about getting up to 145mph when his rear window flew out and shattered across the runway... :confused: Good going Peter Wheeler..!!!! (who apparently doesn't open or reply to his letters of complaint!)

They still look great when they're not on the back of a lorry though! ;) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
10 Participants
RobHardyUK
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing