MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for this Yank it was absolutley amazing! Id like to thank Kevin(aka Keevan) for the terrific lap in his now, much improved Cooper S. I got three rides total. One with Kevin, one in a Lupo GTi racer, and one in a track-prepped 944. The MINI was by far the quickest down the straights, but the Lupo was awesome in the corners, due to its race set-up.

I shot over 300 images and will post them once I get them resized and some need to be processed(film). I do plan on coming back over the pond to drive it next time. But I have to say, It was the best track rides I have ever recived and I can finally say, I visited the Norschleife, one of my motorsport dreams. :)


Dan
 

·
www.minicoopers.org
Joined
·
507 Posts
Hi Dan,

glad you enjoyed the ride.. and with that the 1st lap with the new hartge kit on .. :)
once i manage to find the best gears there is much place for improvement... then you need to come back here.. :)

here's a pic from outside:

http://ringbunny.fotopic.net/p6398199.html
and whenever you're coming.. next time I will have more time as i don't plan to get another conversion.. ( except that M3 engine, but i'll need to win the lottery first.. ;) )
 

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
I had a run around there a few weeks ago in a Mercedes Coupe while on holiday ,it was serious fun ,can't wait to go back with a few Minis ,Classic + MINI , the day I was there there was a MINI dealer race spec MINI on the track sounded and looked ' the business'
Gerard
 

·
220 of your finest horses
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
Comin' over

Keevan said:
Hi Dan,

glad you enjoyed the ride.. and with that the 1st lap with the new hartge kit on .. :)
)
Keevan,

We are coming back over in late September - would love to see your new Hartge conversion then!.

Hopefully this time we will all stay out of the Armco :rolleyes:

Cheers

S:yeblack:
 

·
220 of your finest horses
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
Mizen to the Ring

Irlmin said:
I had a run around there a few weeks ago in a Mercedes Coupe while on holiday ,it was serious fun ,can't wait to go back with a few Minis ,Classic + MINI , the day I was there there was a MINI dealer race spec MINI on the track sounded and looked ' the business'
Gerard
Gerard,

If you get a few of the lads together from the MtoM and head down to the Ring - well, lets just say the Bini drivers in England would love to join you!

That would be one mad trip - so mad it almost has to be done!

S:yeblack:
 

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
Joined
·
1,150 Posts
s_and_m said:
Gerard,

If you get a few of the lads together from the MtoM and head down to the Ring - well, lets just say the Bini drivers in England would love to join you!

That would be one mad trip - so mad it almost has to be done!

S:yeblack:
Steve ,
I think we have to work on that one , We might bring a few other motors ,good friend has a Metro 6R4 with just a few miles on it ,+ ex works Alpine Renault A110. those + a few Minis would make a good days fun , we will talk in Northampton .
Gerard
 

·
nurburgring here we come
Joined
·
715 Posts
me and smiify will be there this weekend.. not in minis we are flying over and we shall be hitting the tack in a hired street ka cabrio...

mind you a big mini run next year to the ring would be great fun... keep me posted
 

·
www.minicoopers.org
Joined
·
507 Posts
sorry i was just leaving as i finally saw you guys..

i came there.. closed... then it was open and at the time i managed to get to the entranced, closed again.. damned weekend drivers..

then i finally managed to get 2 laps out and they closed again ..

I HATE weekends like that..

therefore i was relatively hasty to get home and just waved at you guys.. :(

really sorry... next time come during the week .. :D it's way more fun
 

·
nurburgring here we come
Joined
·
715 Posts
Keevan said:
sorry i was just leaving as i finally saw you guys..

i came there.. closed... then it was open and at the time i managed to get to the entranced, closed again.. damned weekend drivers..

then i finally managed to get 2 laps out and they closed again ..

I HATE weekends like that..

therefore i was relatively hasty to get home and just waved at you guys.. :(

really sorry... next time come during the week .. :D it's way more fun
no worries m8. we only did 2 laps in our hired street ka,we drove round with hood down thunder and lightning all around and cars spinning off all over the place.. i will be over agian for the ferrari weekend 1/2 sept...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
396 Posts
ring sticker???

i'd really like to get a ring sticker for my MINI. if you can help me out please let me know. i track my car often but we have nothing like the nurburgring here in the states. i go to virginia international raceway. www.virclub.com thanks in advance. hope to hear from you all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey fella's...Your all making me want to just sell everything and buy a hut next to the track :D

Anyway...I finally got these posted. There are more to put up, but these are some of my favs.

Enjoy.

One of you in there Kevin :)

Thanks again man!

http://homepage.mac.com/danklar/PhotoAlbum76.html
 

·
220 of your finest horses
Joined
·
3,009 Posts
Nearly Ring Time!

We will be back at the Ring for the Tuesday Evening Session (as long as we don't get held up in traffic around Brussels :(

Hope to see some of you there, and Keev, can you sort out the weather for me as I want a nice dry, sticky track! :cool:

S:yeblack:
 

·
www.minicoopers.org
Joined
·
507 Posts
wel it should be quite nice... eifel-weather has its own rules though

@ dan thanks for the pic.. :D always welcome back on the ring

@SM
there is a big race day on saturday/sunday on the ring.. I will be there helping out at TKS for the Clio challenge... so if you're around for the WE... look for the TKS tent
:)
( i hope yu remember it)
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top