MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for this Yank it was absolutley amazing! Id like to thank Kevin(aka Keevan) for the terrific lap in his now, much improved Cooper S. I got three rides total. One with Kevin, one in a Lupo GTi racer, and one in a track-prepped 944. The MINI was by far the quickest down the straights, but the Lupo was awesome in the corners, due to its race set-up.

I shot over 300 images and will post them once I get them resized and some need to be processed(film). I do plan on coming back over the pond to drive it next time. But I have to say, It was the best track rides I have ever recived and I can finally say, I visited the Norschleife, one of my motorsport dreams. :)

Dan

·
www.minicoopers.org
507 Posts
Hi Dan,

glad you enjoyed the ride.. and with that the 1st lap with the new hartge kit on .. :)
once i manage to find the best gears there is much place for improvement... then you need to come back here.. :)

here's a pic from outside:

http://ringbunny.fotopic.net/p6398199.html
and whenever you're coming.. next time I will have more time as i don't plan to get another conversion.. ( except that M3 engine, but i'll need to win the lottery first.. ;) )

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
I had a run around there a few weeks ago in a Mercedes Coupe while on holiday ,it was serious fun ,can't wait to go back with a few Minis ,Classic + MINI , the day I was there there was a MINI dealer race spec MINI on the track sounded and looked ' the business'
Gerard

·
220 of your finest horses
3,009 Posts
Comin' over

Keevan said:
Hi Dan,

glad you enjoyed the ride.. and with that the 1st lap with the new hartge kit on .. :)
)
Keevan,

We are coming back over in late September - would love to see your new Hartge conversion then!.

Hopefully this time we will all stay out of the Armco :rolleyes:

Cheers

S:yeblack:

·
3,009 Posts
Mizen to the Ring

Irlmin said:
I had a run around there a few weeks ago in a Mercedes Coupe while on holiday ,it was serious fun ,can't wait to go back with a few Minis ,Classic + MINI , the day I was there there was a MINI dealer race spec MINI on the track sounded and looked ' the business'
Gerard
Gerard,

If you get a few of the lads together from the MtoM and head down to the Ring - well, lets just say the Bini drivers in England would love to join you!

That would be one mad trip - so mad it almost has to be done!

·
Peoples Republic Of Cork
1,150 Posts
s_and_m said:
Gerard,

If you get a few of the lads together from the MtoM and head down to the Ring - well, lets just say the Bini drivers in England would love to join you!

That would be one mad trip - so mad it almost has to be done!

Steve ,
I think we have to work on that one , We might bring a few other motors ,good friend has a Metro 6R4 with just a few miles on it ,+ ex works Alpine Renault A110. those + a few Minis would make a good days fun , we will talk in Northampton .
Gerard

·
nurburgring here we come
715 Posts
me and smiify will be there this weekend.. not in minis we are flying over and we shall be hitting the tack in a hired street ka cabrio...

mind you a big mini run next year to the ring would be great fun... keep me posted

·
www.minicoopers.org
507 Posts
sorry i was just leaving as i finally saw you guys..

i came there.. closed... then it was open and at the time i managed to get to the entranced, closed again.. damned weekend drivers..

then i finally managed to get 2 laps out and they closed again ..

I HATE weekends like that..

therefore i was relatively hasty to get home and just waved at you guys.. :(

really sorry... next time come during the week .. :D it's way more fun

·
nurburgring here we come
715 Posts
Keevan said:
sorry i was just leaving as i finally saw you guys..

i came there.. closed... then it was open and at the time i managed to get to the entranced, closed again.. damned weekend drivers..

then i finally managed to get 2 laps out and they closed again ..

I HATE weekends like that..

therefore i was relatively hasty to get home and just waved at you guys.. :(

really sorry... next time come during the week .. :D it's way more fun
no worries m8. we only did 2 laps in our hired street ka,we drove round with hood down thunder and lightning all around and cars spinning off all over the place.. i will be over agian for the ferrari weekend 1/2 sept...

·
Registered
396 Posts
ring sticker???

i'd really like to get a ring sticker for my MINI. if you can help me out please let me know. i track my car often but we have nothing like the nurburgring here in the states. i go to virginia international raceway. www.virclub.com thanks in advance. hope to hear from you all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey fella's...Your all making me want to just sell everything and buy a hut next to the track :D

Anyway...I finally got these posted. There are more to put up, but these are some of my favs.

Enjoy.

One of you in there Kevin :)

Thanks again man!

http://homepage.mac.com/danklar/PhotoAlbum76.html

·
3,009 Posts
Nearly Ring Time!

We will be back at the Ring for the Tuesday Evening Session (as long as we don't get held up in traffic around Brussels :(

Hope to see some of you there, and Keev, can you sort out the weather for me as I want a nice dry, sticky track! :cool:

·
www.minicoopers.org
507 Posts
wel it should be quite nice... eifel-weather has its own rules though

@ dan thanks for the pic.. :D always welcome back on the ring

@SM
there is a big race day on saturday/sunday on the ring.. I will be there helping out at TKS for the Clio challenge... so if you're around for the WE... look for the TKS tent
:)
( i hope yu remember it)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
10 Participants
Keevan
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing